Should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allofthepeople, Mar 7, 2012.

  1. allofthepeople macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #1
    I finally have enough money to upgrade to a Macbook Pro... I will be using this for media/web work at my small church so the design itself isn't what I'm worried about but I don't want to buy one now and a newer one come out next month with something like a retina display. What should I do? I'm interested in the 13 inch 2.4 one... Thanks
     
  2. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2011
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #2
    It's like you're protecting your virginity, heh...
     
  3. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Calif
    #3
    i know it's hard to have the funds and the money is burning a hole through your pocket, but just wait a little while.
     
  4. allofthepeople thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #4
    its not that lol I've been working with three large vertical bars on my screen from a messed up screen panel on my current Macbook
     
  5. roofz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2012
    Location:
    Southern California
    #5
    I don't think it'll be that much longer :/

    It'll come in 1, 2 or maybe 3 more months at worst.. apple has to fill their Q3 expectations in order to keep shareholders happy.
    (Q3 is April-June)
     
  6. allofthepeople thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #6
    I just hope the entry level model stays at $1199... the current one is only $1129 shipped from B&H which is awesome
     
  7. mbamed macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    #7
    If you're short on cash look used. You can often find a near brand new one with Apple's one year warranty still good for very cheap.
     
  8. allofthepeople thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #8
    and btw before I get bashed for creating another "should I wait" thread, I wanted to address my specific needs, the other threads I found were very outdated or full of unhelpful smart mouth comments lol

    ----------

    Yeah I looked at that but I have to buy creatively with most on my Bill-Me-Later account and the other part in cash... my latest and cheapest solution since most companies do not let you use split methods with BML is to buy gift cards from either Apple or B&H depending on which I use then combine them with my debit card to buy it lol
     
  9. roofz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2012
    Location:
    Southern California
    #9
    I thought you said you had enough money for it?

    I think bestbuy offers payment plans on their purchases you could get payments extended for like 6+ months
     
  10. allofthepeople thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #10
    Well lol technically it's enough money and enough credit for it, paying off my camera balance so I'm using the $900 credit limit with some cash to upgrade my Macbook. Editing HD footage, designing graphics, maintaining websites is pretty stressful and more time consuming using a jacked up screen. Carrying an extra screen around doesn't make sense...
     
  11. hotgrease macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2010
    #11
    Well if you're planning on keeping it for some time then just wait a few more months. If you were going to get a new one in a year or so then it wouldn't really make a difference. If your MacBook breaks before the new ones come out then buy the current gen. at that time.
     
  12. allofthepeople thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #12
    Defiantly will have to last awhile, I guess I will wait another few weeks and see if any new rumors come out then go from there
     
  13. allofthepeople thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Location:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    #13
  14. thomasfrdavis macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2011
    #14
    hasnt Apple already try the touchscreen on macs? i heard from one of the interview with Steve on youtube, and he said that it sucked.
     
  15. fleawannabe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2011
    #15
    Ya I read somewhere as well that Mr. Jobs said that a touch screen machine is impractical and it would not happen. On another note im in the same boat as the OP, I want the MBP 13, it would meet all my needs and be more than enough. Mostly school work with a bit of logic and light photo edit, and some emulators(nes,snes,n64). So if I buy now ill be happy but if a new one comes out a month later with Ivy, USB 3.0, and a dedicated GPU ill be kinda upset. I would prefer to have the ODD tho because I would do the optibay thing. I guess only time will tell. I hope it happens April 8th.:D
     

Share This Page