Should I wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gavzooka, Mar 7, 2013.

  1. Gavzooka macrumors member

    Jan 13, 2013
    I'm due an upgrade at the moment. I currently have a Samsung S3 and as I've now gone all Apple throughout the house, it's logical that I go for an iPhone in my I'm fed up with the unreliability of Android devices, they are good....but I'm fed up with constant tweaks and then resetting things because of buggy software....I want something that just works!

    My question is whether in peoples opinion, should I wait for the next iPhone to come out?

    Some rumour the next iPhone is going to be out in June...which is ideal as I have 2 contracts in the house that I get the upgrades from...both 2 year contracts and end in different other contract ends in June next year, the current one just ended....that means if I wait until June, going forward, I upgrade every 12 months. However, I don't want to wait until August/September onwards for another phone........this is my I'm impatient!

    Thanks in advance...
  2. dictoresno macrumors 601


    Apr 30, 2012
    i decided not to wait and upgraded right away when the phone came out. i mean its up to you. i cant see anything huge that would make the next model really worth waiting for.
  3. Hail Caesar macrumors regular

    Mar 2, 2013
    If you need it and want it get it, if you continually wait on new tech releases you will never buy anything. iPhone 5 is great phone and will be supported for a few years.
  4. JaySoul macrumors 68030


    Jan 30, 2008
    I'd probably get the iPhone 5 now, but wouldn't wait too much longer - otherwise it makes more sense to wait from May onwards.
  5. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a


    Mar 1, 2008
    My opinion is to wait since you are halfway through the life cycle of the iPhone 5... however, it's just an opinion and ultimately it's your call since it's your money
  6. simply stunning macrumors regular

    Oct 26, 2010
    I personally would buy the phone. Now if it where 2 months from now, I would wait. The thought being that I can tough it out for a little while, but your looking at about 6 months before the time when they historically release there new phone. (at least the 4S and 5, not counting the original through the iPhone4). So I would say I am good to wait to a point, but it does make the decision harder as you are in the middle of the cycle.

    Good luck to you!
  7. Knockworstface macrumors regular


    Feb 26, 2013
    I'm on the iPhone 4 now and I've decided to just wait until the iPhone 5s is released until I upgrade. As much as I love the iPhone 5 I'll just wait until the 5s is available so I'll have the latest and greatest at that point. My iPhone 3G died on 7/13/11 so I had to upgrade to the iPhone 4 and 2 months later the iPhone 4S was released. I just want a super fast iPhone that will be future proof for a long time. I think with iPhone 5s will be that device. :apple::D
  8. nefan65 macrumors 65816


    Apr 15, 2009
    I wouldn't wait. Go now! Quickly before they're all gone!!!!!
  9. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a


    Dec 23, 2012
  10. ZombiePete macrumors 68020


    Aug 6, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
  11. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 31, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I just got the iPhone 5 last week. I actually paid full retail; unlocked. Do what you want. I couldn't wait until August? September? I'm happy. It sure beats my 4S in everything. Well worth the money.
  12. Cody21 macrumors 6502a


    Aug 9, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    It's completely up to you. Although, if I was in your situation, I would just get it now. If history repeats itself and the rumors are correct, the 5S is just gonna be incremental upgrade.
  13. irDigital0l Guest

    Dec 7, 2010
    Yea but with a new iPhone coming out possibly in 3 months it would be a smart consumer decision to wait.
  14. Sedrick macrumors 68030


    Nov 10, 2010
    Time waiting for the new release is experienced like dog years. It could very well be 6-8 months (if the past is any indication) and that is a long, long time. Time you could be diggin' your new phone. Now if you have a 4S, for example, I'd wait for the 5S.
  15. Mellisaray macrumors regular

    Jan 14, 2013
    yes, i agree with your opinion, if you really need one, do not consider too much, just go to get it!:D
  16. boomhower macrumors 68000


    Oct 21, 2011
    Why not just sell the S3 and buy a used iPhone? Should be able to get $300 or so for it and add some cash and you wouldn't spend anymore out of pocket than buying one on contract. Then you have the upgrade available whenever the 5S comes out.
  17. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816


    Sep 12, 2011
    I would defiantly wait as it is 3 months to the iOS 7 announcement and 6 months from today to the iPhone 5S announcement/release.
  18. Umi71 macrumors newbie

    Dec 2, 2009
    iOS 7 can teh standard 5 run also so no need to wait for that, and 5s depends if you are satisfied what teh 5 do now and dont need any new stuff that it can brign but I don't think the 5s will bring very much new to table.
  19. Gavzooka thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 13, 2013
    Thanks all....I jumped in feet a proud owner of an iPhone 5 :)
  20. abz1981 macrumors 65816

    Jan 3, 2011
    Congrats :D You have made the right choice. :apple:
  21. Agent-P macrumors 68030


    Dec 5, 2009
    The Tri-State Area
    Congrats! And remember, even if the 5S is released tomorrow, your 5 will still be just as good as it is today.
  22. megany macrumors newbie

    Mar 9, 2013
    I am in the same situation, want to get rid of my buggy Droid and make the switch. My question though is when will the price of iPhone 5 drop in relation to the 5s release...? I don't want to pay $199 now (w/my upgrade) for something that might be $99 in a month...
  23. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

    Christian 5G

    Jun 16, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Same problem :) want to go get the 5 but something holds back to wait untill June July.... For me I am very interested in fingerprint sensor that hopefully will be included in next one.
  24. 617aircav Suspended

    Jul 2, 2012
    I guess you need to wait till the next phone is put. The price won't really drop till then.
  25. irDigital0l Guest

    Dec 7, 2010
    The price wont drop until the iPhone 5S is released.

Share This Page