Should I wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peacenfunk, Jun 30, 2013.

  1. peacenfunk macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    #1
    Contemplating getting a 32gb iPhone 5.

    Should I wait until September or get one now??
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    If you need one, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait. Not to sound coy but its always better to wait.
     
  3. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

    Dulcimer

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2012
    #3
    Here we go again...

    It depends on your needs. Do you need one now? Probably not since you are considering waiting. However, are you willing to "suffer" the 3 month wait (even longer if you have to wait weeks for shipping when ordering online) just to get a phone that will most likely contain faster internals, a better camera, and possibly some new exclusive feature?

    I'm in the exact same situation as you. I am going to buy an iPhone 5 (potentially today! Look out for a sig. change :D) because I want to have a smartphone (as opposed to a dumbphone) when I start university this September and I don't want to wait weeks till it is released and then weeks more for it to ship to me. Also, this week I'm leaving for a trip to Europe and would like to replace my dying, laggy iPod touch.

    If you can walt, you'll have a better iPhone, depending on whether or not it matters to you.
     
  4. Davejprince macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2012
    Location:
    The Netherlands
  5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Location:
    Manhattan
    #5
    Wait if you can. The current iPhone 5 is perfectly fine, but you'll get more for your money with the 5s.
     
  6. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
    #6
    As much as I want a new phone right now, I am trying to wait. My 4S works great, but the lack of space with 16GB is driving me crazy. Next round I am getting the 64GB or maybe higher if it is offered.
     
  7. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

    tardman91

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Location:
    Tampa Area, FL
    #7
    I'm getting a new 5 next weekend. I know I should wait, but my Verizon contract is up and I just can't bear the thought of throwing an extra $60 at them for one more month. I'm going with T-Mobile and I'm buying the phone outright. If the 5S is that much more enticing I'll just sell my 5 and upgrade.
     
  8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2011
    #8
    Currently I'm using my 4S, since launch day. Since May I was eligible for a full upgrade but I decided to hold that and use it on the next generation iphone (i hope they call it 6 instead of 5S). For me it's worth the wait.

    Plus my 4S is working fine for my need.
     
  9. peacenfunk thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    #9
    I should have added i'm using a k800i. Its like sacralege on here. Don't know if it changes any opinions
     
  10. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

    tardman91

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Location:
    Tampa Area, FL
    #10
    Really? Oh my god. This thing?
    [​IMG]
    Run out and get an iPhone 5 right this minute! It's quite clear you don't mind not having the latest and greatest.
     
  11. 617aircav Suspended

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    #11
    Man these threads. It's up to you OP. There is no bad decision here.
     
  12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    #12
    Same as always with these questions: sort out your priorities and you'll have your answer. Polling is never the way to determine these things. Which is most important to you? The answer will vary from person to person.

    If you're still unsure then the odds are you can wait. It's just that you don't want to. Still, your call to make. You're the only one that knows whether or not you'll be suffering from buyer's remorse when the new model is released or if you'll be happy with what you have since it suits your needs/wants. Again, each person differs and you have to assess this for yourself no matter how many opinions you collect. If you really want opinions then refer to the countless prior "Should I wait?" threads.
     

Share This Page