Should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fpb1980, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Fpb1980 macrumors member

I am interested in buying a mbpr 13" 8 gb 256 gb 2014 model. Is there any reason I should wait until March 9th?

I am planning to get it from best buy with the movers coupon. This will be my first mac, are there any accesories that I need from day one?

Thanks.

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

It's only a week from this Monday. If it were me, I would wait to see what they announce.

I always get a second AC adapter right from day one, so that I have one plugged in at home all the time, and one that stays in my backpack to be used when not at home. Other than that, I don't get any other accessories on Initial Purchase Day.

3. mattjohnson78 macrumors member

I just went and bought the same one you are planning to get but I got mine at the Apple Store. Looks like the next models won't be out till this summer/fall. If anything it would be a new MacBook Air announced next.

4. Fpb1980 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice.

I am like a little kid gotta have it now:)

5. David58117 macrumors 65816

I bought the 128 GB version a week ago, and have been trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the 256GB version (paid about 1,190 for it).

I have a wireless storage drive, and don't really play games or download much anymore.

I have about 68 GB free right now.

6. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

I think 256Gb is more sensible and it gives you breathing space. More future proof.

7. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I like to think of it as more spaced out.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You can wait a week but there's like 99.999999% chance that the March 9 event will NOT have any updates to the MBP line. Its the watch roll out pure and simple.

----------

Can you live within 128GB now and the future? Personally, I think the 256GB is a better option and if you still can swap it out, do so. I know people here on the board who are happy with the 128GB SSD. It all depends on your needs.