Should I wait?

Fpb1980

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
110
6
philadelphia
I am interested in buying a mbpr 13" 8 gb 256 gb 2014 model. Is there any reason I should wait until March 9th?

I am planning to get it from best buy with the movers coupon. This will be my first mac, are there any accesories that I need from day one?

Thanks.
 

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
2,306
1,031
It's only a week from this Monday. If it were me, I would wait to see what they announce.

I always get a second AC adapter right from day one, so that I have one plugged in at home all the time, and one that stays in my backpack to be used when not at home. Other than that, I don't get any other accessories on Initial Purchase Day.
 

mattjohnson78

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2014
71
4
Southern California
I just went and bought the same one you are planning to get but I got mine at the Apple Store. Looks like the next models won't be out till this summer/fall. If anything it would be a new MacBook Air announced next.
 

David58117

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2013
1,205
498
I bought the 128 GB version a week ago, and have been trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the 256GB version (paid about 1,190 for it).

I have a wireless storage drive, and don't really play games or download much anymore.

I have about 68 GB free right now.
 

MacMandy

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
411
190
Manchester, UK
I bought the 128 GB version a week ago, and have been trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the 256GB version (paid about 1,190 for it).

I have a wireless storage drive, and don't really play games or download much anymore.

I have about 68 GB free right now.
I think 256Gb is more sensible and it gives you breathing space. More future proof.
 

maflynn

Moderator
Staff member
May 3, 2009
63,831
30,348
Boston
I am interested in buying a mbpr 13" 8 gb 256 gb 2014 model. Is there any reason I should wait until March 9th?

I am planning to get it from best buy with the movers coupon. This will be my first mac, are there any accesories that I need from day one?

Thanks.
You can wait a week but there's like 99.999999% chance that the March 9 event will NOT have any updates to the MBP line. Its the watch roll out pure and simple.

----------

I bought the 128 GB version a week ago, and have been trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the 256GB version (paid about 1,190 for it)..
Can you live within 128GB now and the future? Personally, I think the 256GB is a better option and if you still can swap it out, do so. I know people here on the board who are happy with the 128GB SSD. It all depends on your needs.