Should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JuicelessMango, Nov 12, 2018.

  1. JuicelessMango macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2018
    #1
    So I've been in the market for a new laptop for a while now and I finally thought I had my mind made up on a 2018 13inch MBP with TB but after reading multiple threads about the keyboard issues and the crashes it kinda has me scared to pull the trigger on an expensive machine that may or may not have issues.
     
  2. iPhonagain macrumors member

    iPhonagain

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    Location:
    Indy
    #2
    If I had the money I'd get one now, from what I've read the keyboard issues have been better with the new redesign and the crashes have been fixed by the latest software update.
     
  3. JuicelessMango thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2018
    #3
    Oh it was fixed with the latest update? Well that’s good to know. Are built to order computers able to be returned to an apple store if there does indeed end up being an issue with it?
     
  4. FlushedNotRushed macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2018
    #4
    I've been using a 2018 15" MBP (refurbished) for the last few weeks and the keyboard has been problemless throughout the entire experience. No sticky keys or any of that, but is it still quite early. To ease my mind just in case anything does happen, I did buy AppleCare+ but regardless, there have been no issues.
     
  5. mcpix macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 13, 2005
    #5
    I have a 2017 13" MBP that I've had for 1 year now without any keyboard problems. This computer is my "at home" laptop. I use it in the morning when I'm eating breakfast and at night while I'm laying on the couch or in bed. I don't ask it to do much heavy lifting (I have my "work" 15" MBP for that), but I also don't baby it. So far, it's been great!
     
  6. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #6
    If these issues were known when I was buying the MBP, I probably would have held off. The keyboard is one concern, but I do hope that Apple got it right with this 3rd attempt. The other issues that would have given me pause are the T2/Bridge OS crashes, coil whine and speaker crackle. I'm really not that concerned about coil whine, yet if you want a premium product, why put up with such a non premium experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Now with that said, many people have zero issues, and I count myself in that circle. I'm incredibly thankful that I have a problem free laptop but spending so much money and having these outstanding issues, its a no brainer in my book to hold off or at least find a different laptop without the number issues.

    Just my $.02 everyone has an opinion and mine is that that I think we should expect a better product from apple.
     
  7. irvingate macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2018
    #7
    Which keyboard is better 17 or 18 MBP? Any difference between the 13'' and 15''?

    Thanks
     
  8. Ifti macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2010
    Location:
    UK
    #8
    No issues at all with mine. Used for FCPX editing at the moment and runs like a champ.
     

Share This Page