Should I wait?

BURLEYrun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
1
0
Hey all, I am going to buy a new iMac but was wondering if I should just wait the month or whatever for leopard? Or just go ahead and get it now, and upgrade when the time comes. Do you think the transition will be easy? Not like XP to vista?

Thanks
 

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
6,313
18
the OC
if you feel it's worth it to wait for the $129 in savings, then wait for leopard. if the $129 is an acceptable cost to make a month or so from now, buy it today. this is a question only you can really answer.
 

Doctorsti

macrumors regular
May 30, 2006
164
0
will the edu price for leopard be $50? I remember reading someplace the edu price for the operating system is less then $129.
 

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
6,313
18
the OC
will the edu price for leopard be $50? I remember reading someplace the edu price for the operating system is less then $129.
it varies from school to school. i've seen prices as low as $12.50 (!) and as high as $69. if you buy from the apple education store online, they charge $69.