Should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soupyjnr, Jan 12, 2008.

1. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Hey guys - this forum could be the answer!

I have wanted to buy a MacBook, 2.0GHz Apple Macbook for about 3 months. At the end of this month I will have the money, and I can get it for £601.60 on UK Higher Education discounts.

However, Ive heard rumours that new MacBooks are coming out and theyre going to be better, smaller, and run more efficantly... so my question to you is what would you do? Would you wait a while, or would you take a chance and go ahead and buy it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS : Ive always had a Windows PC - does anybody have any feedback about MacBooks - good or bad!?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wait for a week or so, since we're coming up to MacWorld 2008 which has traditionally been an event with new Mac releases.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

there will always be rumours that new MacBooks are coming out and theyre going to be better, smaller, and run with more efficacy, now i htink the end of htis month should be a good time to gte a new macbook, there may be new ones coming up on macworld on the 15th of htis months just three more days,.

4. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

My advice to you is to wait until you really need it if you are worried about something new coming out. With technology, there will always be something new and you will just keep on waiting. Since macworld is next week, I would highly recommend waiting until then. But after that, it's all a matter of when you really need it. I am personally waiting for the iPhone 2 because I don't like buying 1st gen products. They are always forgotten about and are test subjects.

5. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

This is an Apple/Mac forum so most people are going to have good things to say about Macs. I would recommend them to you, but the deciding factor for most people is simple... do they "get" OS X. Total emersion is the only way to find out.

I would be willing to bet that after a month you will never go back.

6. andrewag macrumors 6502

Waiting another few days just to be safe is a good idea instead of kicking yourself later if a new product is announced.

My MacBook has been top notch - I've had the first white iBook, a 12" PowerBook and 15" PowerBook and the MacBook has been the best out of them all.

7. TaylorB macrumors regular

I would just wait considering if you buy now it wouldn't be delivered until around the time that they would be announcing (if they are going to) something new. Even though you could return it, it would just be too much of a hassle considering it is almost the week of.

8. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Might as well wait, even if what comes out is not what you are looking for, you only waited a week.

9. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

Hey guys - thank you all for all your help. Im just picking this quote out as I dont know what MacWorld 2008 is? Is it a thing were people from Apple announce what is coming in the next year for Apple?

------------------------

I just looked up youtube and found out what MacWorld 2008 is! It is pretty good to watch. Im just wondering though if what is said in MacWorld is relivant to what goes on in the United Kingdom. For example if Steve Jobs says a product is coming out, as well as it coming out in the US, will it also come out in the United Kingdom - and will it come out at the same time, or will America get it first?

Thanks for your help :) I look forward to your replies

10. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

MacWorld 2008 is Jan 15th... so only 2 days :)

They will probably release a new MacBook Pro and a ultraportable..

but they just updated the MacBook line so i doubt you will see anything new in your price range...

i'd wait anyways th0.. what's 2 days

11. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I probably wont be buying a MacBook until about 1st or 2nd of February - do you think its sensible to wait until then