Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carl201167

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2005
London, UK
My iPhone 4 has a few problems and I'm hoping that Apple will replace it. They might not of course.

Given that the phone has lots of personal stuff on (email, twitter accounts etc.), should I wipe it before handing it over to them to look at?

I'm mildly concerned because I've heard examples of Apple not giving old hard drives back when replacing new ones.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
That's good, I'm currently in the Apple Store, waiting to see the genius bar about my broken one, sadly it's gonna cost me £146 for minor damage. Oh well, im too good to my Dad, I'm only having it fixed because I'm passing it onto him.

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
That's good, I'm currently in the Apple Store, waiting to see the genius bar about my broken one, sadly it's gonna cost me £146 for minor damage. Oh well, im too good to my Dad, I'm only having it fixed because I'm passing it onto him.

Hey,

What's 'minor damage' mean out of interest, I assume the front is smashed in some way?

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Hey,

What's 'minor damage' mean out of interest, I assume the front is smashed in some way?

The Camera lens had a scratch running along it, resulting in useless photos. So they replaced the back of the Phone, lucky for me in a way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.