iPhone Should I worry about Apple store checking iCloud crash logs for JB tweaks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by icebergx, Jun 21, 2014.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,

I think I'm being a little paranoid, as I've returned a (formally jailbroken) iPhone to Apple store before, but I just wanted to see if anyone has seen the employees check?
    The reason I ask is that my problem isn't a standard iPhone problem (like a problem home button or something similar. I have a problem with my accelerometer that causes both the parallax background and my home screen icons to shake vigorously all the time.
    I'm slightly worried that, when they see the problem, the geniuses might be surprised/intrigued and want to check out the crash log, and see "cydia" written all over it.

Any opinions would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Just to be safe I would do a clean restore before bringing it in to the Apple Store.

Then, no worries

3. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

You mean restore it to factory settings, without "restoring" my profile onto the phone?

4. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Yes. Make sure you're backed up so you can restore from your backup once you get your new device

5. KingShoot007 macrumors member

Remember that you need to use a computer with iTunes to restore a jailbroken iPhone