Should I worry about the Santa Rosa?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chambers7, May 1, 2007.

1. chambers7 macrumors member

If i wait and buy the new macbook when the Santa Rosa comes out, how likely is it that it will have bugs?

Should I buy something now that has been tested? What is the risk?

Thanks for your replies.

Go :apple: !

2. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I don't know how much you would 'worry' about it. The transition is complete to Intel - this chip may require a new motherboard, but PC guys have been doing that for a long time - I would not worry and go with the feeling that if there is an issue Apple will fix it.

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Either you need a computer or you want.

If you need it, you buy it.

We cannot really comment on unannounced products (which we know nothing about).

4. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

I'd worry. Santa Rosa is supposed to have a real attitude problem. I would be scared it would hurt you ... lol :D

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

whatever, its a relative of santa clause so he has to be nice......unless its the evil twin

one big adv people are talking about is the new integrated graphics. this may or may not be something that makes or breaks the wait depending on your usage

6. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

If you are quite uncertain then it may be worth waiting to read some reviews before buying.

Normally though small problems are exposed further down the road ie problems with the battery.

7. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

Santa Rosa? I worry and wait. This late, definitely.
    Basically its going to offer a faster FSB, faster RAM, NAND caching (makes computer feel more 'snappy', saves power), faster integrated video (personally I don't care, but this will be very important to some), and some power/battery run time enhancements.
    Its unlikely to introduce bugs as its an upgrade to Yonah, rather then a whole new core. In fact, it will probably reduce the amount of bugs.

But Santa Rosa is only part of the story. Newer graphics cards will probably be simultaneously be included. Think 8600 or X2600, probably resulting in a ~50% performance enhancement.

In other words, it would be very silly to buy now. Silly and costly in resale value.