Should I..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tranceformav2, Nov 5, 2011.

1. tranceformav2 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro 13" which I bought in March this year. My friend had his stolen and has offered me £800 for mine (it's in immaculate condition) and I'm debating whether to sell it for another Apple computer.

I really like the look of the MacBook Air 13" as a replacement for mine.. Do you think this is a wise idea? Or touting for another Pro with the slightly better processors and bunging in an additional 4GB of RAM? My concern with the Pro is that they will do a product refresh again around March with a new design where as I think I should get another 6 months + of the Air without a refresh as they have been done most recently!

Any thoughts? Should I just stick with mine?

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

If you're going to sell it, do yourself a favour and get an Air.

There's next to no point upgrading if you're just buying another 13", a 100MHz increase is not something you're going to notice. You will notice the £100 you spend on it though. Just spend the extra for the Air, you won't regret it!

3. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

I agree with NutsNGum, you will be loosing money and not even notice the difference if you get the Pro with the slightly faster processor...
    I would get an Air

4. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

Do it man... get the Air. Best decision I've made in a long time..

5. tranceformav2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys..

I had been leaning towards that decision tbh. I'll flop the extra for the super drive cos I do burn quite a lot of discs on my MBP.

As I'm new to this forum - how do I get 'notified' when people reply to my posts? Had to search for my own posts to see you had all replied!

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

7. tranceformav2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cos I like the smell of new and I would probably upgrade my computer every 12-18 months anyway so this is just a bit premature :)

8. abz1981 macrumors 65816

get a MBA. I downgraded my MBP 2010 13inch and went for the 13 inch MBA. Am Loving it :)

9. tranceformav2 thread starter macrumors newbie

You got the super drive? How you finding the speed compared to your Pro?