Should I?

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
so, i was planning on going tomorrow to my local Apple store and picking up a iMac (2.8GHz, The high end one) but now i have been reading these issues with the freezing, Should i still get one or wait?

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
so, i was planning on going tomorrow to my local Apple store and picking up a iMac (2.8GHz, The high end one) but now i have been reading these issues with the freezing, Should i still get one or wait?
Tell them you're worried and ask if you can test it out in-store for a while to check for problems...

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Get one. The forums tend to over-represent the problems. If you do get a dud, you can always take it back. There are numerous people with good ones (mine included). Don't let the polls that show high % with 1 freeze ever. the real "freeze" issue no where near as wide spread as that.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
Get one. The forums tend to over-represent the problems. If you do get a dud, you can always take it back. There are numerous people with good ones (mine included). Don't let the polls that show high % with 1 freeze ever. the real "freeze" issue no where near as wide spread as that.
Ok, thanks.

l33r0y

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I think the 2.8 is a CTO only (not a store stock item - needs to be purchased online only)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.