Should I?

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
1,168
0
São Paulo
so, i was planning on going tomorrow to my local Apple store and picking up a iMac (2.8GHz, The high end one) but now i have been reading these issues with the freezing, Should i still get one or wait?
 

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
9,064
4
London
so, i was planning on going tomorrow to my local Apple store and picking up a iMac (2.8GHz, The high end one) but now i have been reading these issues with the freezing, Should i still get one or wait?
Tell them you're worried and ask if you can test it out in-store for a while to check for problems...
 

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
871
1
Get one. The forums tend to over-represent the problems. If you do get a dud, you can always take it back. There are numerous people with good ones (mine included). Don't let the polls that show high % with 1 freeze ever. the real "freeze" issue no where near as wide spread as that.
 

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
1,168
0
São Paulo
Get one. The forums tend to over-represent the problems. If you do get a dud, you can always take it back. There are numerous people with good ones (mine included). Don't let the polls that show high % with 1 freeze ever. the real "freeze" issue no where near as wide spread as that.
Ok, thanks.
 

l33r0y

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
288
0
I think the 2.8 is a CTO only (not a store stock item - needs to be purchased online only)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.