iPad Should iPad models gain an extra row of icons too?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mikhailov, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Mikhailov macrumors regular

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus apparently gain an extra row of icons. This actually bothers me a little bit because I like it iPhone and iPad to share the same home screens (for continuity). Should they include the option on current iPads (as the screens are already big), or do you think they will include this in the next model? Maybe it requires a resolution change to keep everything sharp.

What do you think?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Nah, using. Groups of icons has mostly eliminated the need for more rows, IMO. I don't have an iPhone either though.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I would like it. I don't think it'd work well on a non-retina screen iPad Mini though.

4. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Skip it. The iPad screen looks fine the way it is.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Because the screens are bigger. There is no reason to believe that the iPads will be the same. So no room for another row unless they make the dock optional. Which I rather wish they would but I don't see it happening.

6. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

The iPad screens will remain the same size with the same 2048 x 1536 resolution.

They will not have more icons. You could always leave the extra row empty and keep the previous amount of a less cluttered look. I personally hate how underutilized the space is.

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I'm with you OP. I also appreciate continuity and hope that we'll one day get another row of icons for the iPad as well.

Another thing that's bothering me now is since the 5.5" iPhone can now do landscape on the home screen, I'd like to see an option for a sidebar dock on the iPad too, or a center bottom dock for the iPhone. Either way.

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

That's something i think we will see. It would be a very appropriate move for the ipads given that they are often used in landscape mode. for some folks that is their standard, only switching to portrait when they really really must