Should iTunes store have an Apple Watch section

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Skylined69, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Skylined69 macrumors regular

Skylined69

I know that the watch app on the iPhone has a section for apps, however this barely ever gets updated. You can also search the iTunes store for apple watch however it doesn't show the full range of apps available. So what I'm wondering is why is there an option to select between iPhone & iPad apps at the top of the iTunes app store but no 3rd option for watch apps. Has anyone found a better way of searching for these within iTunes. Right now I'm getting better info on apps available from 3rd party sites than from Apple which seems a bit disjointed.

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

3. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Yes, Yes & another massive YES.

Like you said, the Apple Watch App on the iPhone is useless searching for Apple Watch Apps.

I have read that thousands of Apps are available but I don't bother looking for them.

4. Skylined69 thread starter macrumors regular

Skylined69

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Maybe we'll get this with the release of wOS 2, when third party apps actually become useful.

6. dtuck90 macrumors regular

I'm sure it will happen when WatchOS 2 is launched

7. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Thanks for the tip. Great website.

8. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I don't know, I think the system now works pretty well. If anything, they should just make improvements to the section in the Apple Watch app. I don't really see the point of an "Apple Watch" section on the app store since the watch is an accessory to the phone. Seeing that an iPhone app has a Watch app is useful information but it seems unlikely that people will choose an iPhone app solely on the basis of the Apple Watch app.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

(Emphasis mine.)

I disagree - I've chosen quite a few apps over other due to them having an Apple Watch app. For example, public transport times. I find it quite handy to have them available on my watch so I chose UK Bus Checker instead of another timetable app.

I'd personally welcome an easier way to find Apple Watch apps - seems a bit of an afterthought at the moment.

10. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but what I mean is that if you're looking at, say weather apps, you just look at all the best ones and see which ones come with an Apple Watch app. I just see it as redundant honestly, since all Apple Watch apps have to have an iPhone app. That being said, I obviously wouldn't oppose such a feature, it just wouldn't really appeal to me.

11. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

It would be handy for me as well. I was looking for an interval timer for running. It would have been easier to sort by app that have watch app, then pick from the best of that subset.

Same as a tipping calculator. I have used the same one for years but it does not have an watch app. When I was looking for a new one it would have been handy to only see ones with watch app

Maybe it does not need it's own section just to become a filtering option.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Great idea! Maybe we should suggest this to Apple.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

13. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

And THAT is exactly what I would do, especially with native apps incoming with wOS 2.