Should my AEBS show up under "Shared" devices?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RumMunkey, Feb 14, 2008.

1. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Here's a weird thing...

I just set up a brand new AEBS last night (upgraded form an Express), and I notice something under "Shared Devices" that appears to be my Base Station (though Finder is reporting it as a Windows PC).

Here's how my Base Station is set up:
    [​IMG]

And here it is in Finder:
    [​IMG]

Granted, the case and format is a bit different ("Rec Room" vs. "rec-room"), so cold this be a nearby computer? There shouldn't be anyone else on my network... I created a WPA network with a really strong password, so I can't imagine it's a neighbour's computer.

If I try to connect to this device, it just fails (almost immediately).

This doesn't seem right to me... what's going on?

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I think you are experiencing the AirDisk issue that happens when your computer goes to sleep with the disk mounted. The symptom is that you can't connect to it again without restarting your router.

I believe this is a firmware issue with the AEBS, and we are waiting for a fix...

3. RumMunkey thread starter macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I have no AirDisk mounted (and haven't). I have that port plugged into a printer, but even that's not on.

I guess if it's an issue, then logic may not apply.

Thanks.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You have airdisk activated onthe AEBS. Disable it and it will go away. It looks like a Windows computer because it is shared over SMB to allow PCs to access a drive attached. The "-" is used because " " is not allowed in SMB or NETBUI.

TEG