Should my airport card be...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tomster2300, Sep 6, 2009.

1. tomster2300 macrumors member

70 C in my late 2007 white MacBook? It stays at 69 or higher, and I believe it may be the reason for my fans to keep coming on.

It also seems to stay around 77 C during the day.

Thanks!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

What's your CPU temperature? The AirPort card is pretty close to the CPU IIRC. Also, are you pushing a lot of network traffic (torrents, downloads, uploads, etc)?

3. tomster2300 thread starter macrumors member

My CPU is 40 C on wakeup, but usually stays around 60 C after using Safari and Adium. I'll open Photoshop CS4 and utilize two of my three spaces and it'll get up around 70 C. It was at 80+ today after just using iphoto and Photoshop / Safari / backing up Time Machine to an external.

I woke it up to check it out while writing this, and within five minutes it is now hovering between 45 and 50 C.

Since it's near the airport card, could its heat be making the istat airport meter raise higher than the airport card is actually getting? I don't download torrents often, and I've even turned off gmail notifier because I though its constant email checking could be causing the problem. This is all happening with only Safari on cnn, gmail, etc. Nothing special, unless gmail's gchat is causing an issue.