Should old 15.4'' carying cases be able to handle the new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattrud, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mattrud macrumors member

After looking up the size differences, I've concluded the following:

New Macbook Pro:
    • Width: +.24''
    • Depth: +.22''
    • Thickness: -.5''

So I was wondering, for those of you with cases out there for the 15.4'' pro, do you think that the cases could handle this slight bump in size?

I was looking at this one in particular:

Brenthaven Edge II Case for 15-inch MacBook Pro
    http://store.apple.com/us_edu_38089...de=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTg5NTQ0NQ&p=2&s=topSellers

Thanks!

2. dougnewman macrumors 6502

I would say it really depends on the specific case and how tightly fitted it is.

I know the 15" MacBook Pro was slightly larger than the 15" PowerBook and there were some issues with cases when it came out.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would say yes, well at least since most cases are loose fitting.

4. mattrud thread starter macrumors member

bumping this to see if any of the new owners have a case they can slip it into.

i just ordered mine yesterday!

5. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I was in the apple store last night since mine hasn't came in yet ooggling the unit they were showing around. The store was slow and they had two people just walking around with the macbook and the macbook pro.

I held and caressed it, removed the battery and checked out the hard drive, and ding ding last but not least tryed both an incase and marware 15" case and it would not zip up in either.

Now I'm afraid to pack mine for the month or more that it takes for them to release them.

If anyone knows of another that works please let us know. I haven't tried anything like the universal fit Wal-Mart jobs cause they just look cheap but if its all thats out there I would consider it.