Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
After reading this:
http://www.macsonly.com/indexB.html

And some of the buggy posts on tiger, I am seriously reconsidering upgrading when it arrives (due any day now).
I'll certainly make a complete backup of my drive and try it - but the speed reports are dismaying.
Any PB 1.67 17 user shave experience w/ tiger and want to comment? :mad:

confirmed

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
New York, NY
that site doesn't really describe where they saw a slowdown. their benchmarks show a slowdown in a couple things, but a speed up in more.

i can tell you, running the same machine as you, tiger's nice and fast. with no big problems. i'm definitely eager for 10.4.1, which should speed it up even more (if they enable quartz 2d extreme), but until then tiger's running delightfully.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
maclamb said:
After reading this:
http://www.macsonly.com/indexB.html

And some of the buggy posts on tiger, I am seriously reconsidering upgrading when it arrives (due any day now).
I'll certainly make a complete backup of my drive and try it - but the speed reports are dismaying.
Any PB 1.67 17 user shave experience w/ tiger and want to comment? :mad:

I wouldn't worry too much. I am loving Tiger on my PB 1.5 15". It is much faster and the new features are amazing. Sure, a little bug here and there, but nothing to lose sleep over!

You do want to make sure you do that back-up however, better safe....

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
quackattack said:
I wouldn't worry too much. I am loving Tiger on my PB 1.5 15". It is much faster and the new features are amazing. Sure, a little bug here and there, but nothing to lose sleep over!

You do want to make sure you do that back-up however, better safe....

ditto

millypede

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2004
UK
Currently still running Pre-release Tiger on my 1.67 17" PBook and I seem to see a greater speed improvement, I will have to let you know once I have installed the GM Version onto here just to see what its like and compare speed etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.