Should running apps be showing up in sbsettings’ “processes”?

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I thought once out of the app, the app is shelved until it is opened again and picks up where it left off. When I open up Processes, I see a bunch of running apps and my free memory down to about 65mb. and dropbox refuses to go away. Is this normal?

sneezymarble

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
If the app supports iOS4 multitasking yes it should be running...

You can kill it from SBSettings or from the App Drawer
The thing that annoys me most about the App Drawer is that it doesn't tell you which apps are doing something in the background.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
The thing that annoys me most about the App Drawer is that it doesn't tell you which apps are doing something in the background.
I always like to keep my app drawer clean and I always ended up closing all my apps except Phone, Mail, SMS, iPod, and Safari.... Unless I need that certain app to run (eg: Skype call or Pandora streaming).

I've been doing this since the iPhone 3G days, continued when I moved to Android where I always kill all my apps, and now with iPhone 4.

tesilential

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
"Remove Recents" is a neat Cydia app that instantly removes every app from the app switcher unless it is actually being used.

That said I think I'm going to remove it, I like having pretty much every app I use within quick reach.