Should Singapore learn from Apple's Customer Service Standards?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by kss1734, Dec 21, 2009.

1. kss1734 macrumors newbie

I am heavy Mac user and have always been impressed by the high professional standard of customer service at Apple's retail stores. The following gives an insight of the excellent customer service at Apple stores compared to poor service at PC resellers in Singapore.

http://gizmosingo.blogspot.com/2009/12/should-tech-shops-in-singapore-follow.html

Hence I ask, should Singapore learn about improving customer service from Apple. Has anyone had bad PC customer sales experience only to be wow-ed by Apple's customer service !!! I have!

2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

I've worked technical support for both sides of the fence and I find that it is simply a case of the agent who you get and how good they are.

You have to remember that the number of Customer service calls that MS probably get dwarfs that of Apple (not through shoddy product, back you apple fan boys, back I say!!).

Ive seen things at Apple that would make you really shake your head in both despair and in appreciation, also applicable to MS. I rang up MS not too long ago, as I was having some kind of feature creep failure with XP. After chatting away to a very nice block, I got sent out a new license, and a free version of Office.

Overall, Apple probably does have the better customer satisfaction, simply because of the much smaller software/hardware ecosystem they inhabit rather then the behemoth that is the Windows world. That, and they really do seem to push how they are viewed in the eyes of the public relations (snazzy outfits, nice outlets 'hip' language.) They really do market themselves well.