Should Spore work on a Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by tkiss, Jul 3, 2008.

1. tkiss macrumors regular

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Incorrect. It will run on any current-series MB, MBA, or MBP. It will not run on previous-series MacBooks with the GMA 950 GPU. It will run on those earlier MacBooks if booted into Windows, however.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yah, I'd have to say the previous comment was made without any knowledge of Spore or the game requirements.

Check the system requirements. X3100 vid cards are ok. GMA950's only work in the windows version so if you want it on a GMA card you'll have to bootcamp to Windows. There have been some people reporting they've gotten it to run in OSX with a GMA card but I wouldn't trust it personally.

The Creature creator runs on my Wife's MB perfectly fine. My kids create monsters almost every other night on it. So this 'will not run on any macbook' is totally 120% false.

5. RyanConlin macrumors newbie

will it run

this means it may run, but will it run quickly? i myself just bought a macbook and spore looked interesting. but the guy at the apple store said it will run very slow on a minimal setting.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the creature creator runs really well. But of course the game itself will be much more demanding. this thread discusses the matter extensively.

7. waffle911 macrumors regular

There is already another (recent) thread pertaining to this question. Please search before posting.

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

ah the irony...