Should the digital crown button be silent?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MyAppleWorld, Jun 6, 2015.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

when you press the digital crown, is there an audible click? Like when you press buttons on an iPhone.

I have received a replacement SS and the digital crown feels different. It is quite loose to turn and I don't remember the last watch having an audible click when pressed?

Any videos showing other people's?

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Clicking is good, and how Apple buttons are supposed to operate (iphone home button, sleep/wake, volume buttons, etc).

In fact, if you get a button that does not have a very clear and precise click, you have received a defective unit. I have received several iphones with mushy home buttons, and it is clear that the underlying mechanism was broken or assembled poorly. Some went on to get worse and worse until the button stopped registering anything at all.

For the watch, I noticed about 1/5 had a nice solid click in the store, 2/6 if you include the gold edition version which had the most solid click of all. If I had to guess, the gold line has higher quality control, which is why the button felt so clicky and solid. It really made all the other SS watches feel cheap.

3. kevinjohnson20 macrumors newbie

Yes,It could be, You just have to make a setting accorded to your convenience and it would be silent as long as you want. I am having one of this so it's my own experience.