Should the iPad Mini have color options?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Broph, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Should the iPad Mini come out in a variety of colors?

1. Yes, just like the iPod Touch line.

26 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No, stick with the white & black.

24 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. Other (Please comment)

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Broph, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

Haven't found a thread similar, so sorry if it's already been discussed.

After seeing this red & white image of the rumored iPad Mini... Pretty much have fallen in love with it.... I really hope they bring it out with a variety of color options, as they did with the iPod Touch.

Do you think they should bring it out with a variety of colors? Or should they stick with the Black & White of the iPhone 5?

Attached Files:

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

No please.

It's not an iPod touch or iPod nano. I don't even need a white one.
    For the iPod touch I thin to get a RED one; but I love my black iPads.

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I don't understand why people are against options and consumer choice.

I'm personally only interested in black or aluminum, but sure, let there be other colors too.

4. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

IMO, I think that's why we have skins - so we can change colors ourselves.

Or even ColorWare.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think they should stick with the black & white.

6. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

iPhone 5's scratchgate, meet iPad Mini. iPad Mini, meet scartchgate.

7. guineapig macrumors regular

I just want a mini. Possibly with retina.

Regarding the scratchgate, every apple product since the iPod (the first device that could fit in a pocket, or a bag, or could slide on a table or fall from one's hand) was prone to getting scratched. If you're ok with not being careful, your problem.

8. papetorh macrumors newbie

No ipad mini event

FORTUNE -- I have to take the fall for passing along the rumor -- apparently false -- that invitations were set to go out on Oct. 10 for an iPad mini unveiling on Oct. 17.
    Given that the last three invites I've received from Apple Special Events arrived in my inbox before 12:01 p.m. Eastern, I had already almost given up hope when, at 12:08 p.m., I got this tweet from The Loop's Jim Dalrymple -- a blogger with unusually sources within Apple:
    I think I'll take a break and go get some lunch. It's a quiet day.
    That seemed like a pretty strong signal. It was followed a few minutes later by a fake headline tweeted by Macworld's Chris Brennan:
    BREAKING imaginary iPad mini event invite late, iPad mini DELAYED. Imaginary apology from Tim Cook expected. More at Unicorn o'clock.
    OK. I deserve that. My source was a major Apple (AAPL) investor who had heard it from three different sources. They were wrong about the timing. I was wrong to pass the tip along. I don't know what I was doing in the rumor business in the first place. Mea culpa.

9. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Soooooo... Black? Color? In the wrong thread?

10. adamdr3420 macrumors newbie

adamdr3420

IMHO theres a place for cool colors like the iPod Touch line but when it comes to an elegant and sophisticated piece of technology such as the iPad or iPhone lets keep it "classy". Still it's a matter of opinion and some people like to be different. So I'm all for the colorful line of iPads! as long as they keep the white and black option (which they undoubtedly will) i'll have no complaints! :D. i just can't for this bad boy to be released so i can grab one! :apple:

11. navier macrumors regular

navier

I think it should be only one color (like MBP, iMac ...). Color variations only make the product expensive (and logistically challenging with 3 Sizes, 2 Colors and eventually 2 Physical-sizes)

If one could say, "color choices aren't increasing purchase price" that's because this is at Apple's expenses... and money that could be somewhere else invest (Apple-Maps maybe?)

12. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

People don't want their gadgets to look like toys. Even if the product they choose isn't colored, the simple fact that models of other colors owned by other people will be seen will make the mass associate said gadgets with toys/cheap/childish, and people who care about their image may fear people's opinion that they own a toy/cheap/childish gadget, even if it's not colored.

I'm not saying it's a phenomenon I agree with, but it definitely exists more than people will admit and that's why Apple usually only give color options to their budget devices, or those who target a younger demographic.

13. Androidfan1x macrumors regular

yes, it should, i hope there will be a rainbow-colored ipad mini

14. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

My girlfriend wants to have the choice to buy an pink iPad mini.

15. MacAgnostic macrumors regular

MacAgnostic

Other...
    Agreed.
    This is a pretty pointless poll.

16. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Of course. Why not? Just because there're more colours doesn't mean there won't be the one you want. I'm all for choice.

17. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Some people might.

If games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and a bunch of fart apps don't already make people associate said gadgets with toys/cheap/childish, having them in multiple colors won't do any more towards that.

Not everyone buys a smartphone/tablet for work/business purposes. Most people (i.e. regular consumers) like the gadgets they own to reflect on their own style. While I personally prefer neutral colors (silver, black, white) there are people who prefer more colorful options - hence the popularity behind colorful cases. Apple is not catering strictly to enterprise, as companies like RIM do. They have to be mindful of the consumers' needs.

18. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

What happened to the FUN colors?!

If they're going to offer the same crappy colors of the new Nanos & Touches, screw that!

How did we go from these awesome, vibrant colors...

[​IMG]

...to this 12 year-old girly* pastel bullshhh:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*No offense, female tweens.

19. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the pastel shades of today