Should the iPhone 4S easier to pre-order than iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Polaris022, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Polaris022 macrumors newbie

So since it appears that the iPhone 4S is a huge disappointment to at least some people, should the iPhone 4S be easier to pre-order than the iPhone 4 was? God, I remember day 1 pre-ordering for the i4 was ridiculously slow because of how many people were trying to get it. Hopefully pre-ordering the 4S will be a faster process thanks to all of the people hating the upgrade.

2. ThetaSigma macrumors regular

I'm not sure. Hopefully!

There will always be those who are like "Y U NO GIVE US IPHONE 5 APPLE!? going to get an android nao bai!" but will still buy it. I don't know, I hope it will be less busy! I really can't be bothered queuing at silly o'clock, but I will if need be!

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I would expect the weakened demand will create a much easier and quicker ordering time line.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Honestly, I don't know. They only launched it with one carrier last year. But, this time they are launching it with 3 carriers. iPhone 4S isn't what most people hoped. However, how would general public know this...

Only tech people cares...

Most consumers don't know anything about LTE, HSPA+, blah blah.

5. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Yes it should be easier but take into account most of the people complaining on forums are not the majority of people who will be buying this product, a lot of consumers don;t care about specs and will by this phone, the geeks are the ones moaning. A redesign will happen next year which is fine.

6. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

It should. Apple's servers are better and there is clearly less demand for the phone.

However... :rolleyes: Apple might hinder the process on purpose to create a good pre-order day illusion. Not that they haven't done similar things before...

7. NoHo macrumors 6502

It's still going to be difficult. Half of the people who say they are disappointed that it doesn't LOOK different, just performs better, will still buy it. Couple that with more carriers carrying it and it's going to be a pretty big deal when it first comes out.

8. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Yes but the tech people and the geeks are the ones who tend to want the phone on the first day. Plus, the general public might not be so aware of the pre-order process itself, just us tech people.

Tony