Should the text size on the Macbook scare me?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mjmar, May 27, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Currently, I am using my sisters laptop to type this. She has a 14.1" Dell with a resolution of 1440 x 900, and the font is on the small side. Since the Macbook's resolution is 1280 x 800 and only has a slightly smaller screen, maybe the font will be a bit larger? Also, is the text size on the Macbook the same on the Macbook Pro? Thanks :)

2. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

You know your not stuck with small font's. All you have to do is ctrl + or - to increase or decrease the font size. You should see how large my fonts are for my sorry eyes. Also in Safari and Mail I added a button to the tool bar that has a small "a and a large A" which does the same thing.

Not sure if your aware of this. Just trying to help out! Best of luck to ya! ;)

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, definitely an option on any MB, but not sure about your sister's PC. Previous poster ^^^ easily explains the situation. Enjoy your LARGE font size. :cool:

4. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Also remember that Mac OS X renders fonts differently compared to Windows. Fonts tend to appear with a heavier weight on Macs, which helps with clarity.