Should there be a cheaper 1year Apple Care+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Canadia69, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Canadia69 macrumors regular

I know that iPhones originally come with 1 year of manufacturers warranty, but for all of you who like upgrading phone yearly, do you think there should be a care plan that covers accidents (drops and what not) that's cheaper?

Because I paid 169$CAN for my iPhone 6S+ warranty and did not even use. (Although it is going to my brother...so not going to waste)...

Also bought it AGAIN for my 7+ this year (I know crazy right...but I just like to be worry free). The "most logical" thing to do would be to use the iPhone Upgrade program but it's not available in Canada..

But would people be interested in a less expensive 1y accidental plan???

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. I want to keep my phone about one year. Why would I want to pay for two years and then have to go through the hassle and call Apple up and canceling my apple care plus, and get a rebate on the unused portion.

3. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Apple's response is probably that they provide a pro-rated refund on Applecare. If you never used it, after one year you get back 50% minus a fee of 10% of the refunded amount. So it's $129 new and after one year without a claim, you get 50% or $64.50, minus 10% or $6.45, which gives you $58.05 refunded. But if you have used the service, that amount of value is deducted first.

4. Canadia69 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm didn't know about that...good to know...although I'll keep of since I'm selling it to my brother

5. PMehta macrumors regular

How would you go about getting a refund? Do you need to go into the store or can you call Apple and get this done?

6. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

Thanks for this, perhaps you can feedback this to Apple on their site?
    I'm not one of those people who abuse/not so delicate with their phones. Bought 5s, 6 plus, 6s, obviously been upgrading yearly. Never a scratch or drop/cracked screen. $100 a little stiff to swallow after spending $850.

7. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

You call Apple support I've done it a few times already