Should there be a Samsung SOC Battery-Gate settlement for the iPhone 6S ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

For having around TWO Hours less battery life than the other version? and with all the screen problems in the pluses and loose fittings and so much problems and iOS 9 shutting off phones randomly too.
    2015 the worst year for quality at Apple. I'm tired of apple being: Profit margins 1st Innovation 2nd
    Steve Jobs wouldn't allow his company to be embarrassed like that just because of a miserable 2% increase in profit margins every quarter.
    I miss when Apple used to be number one at everything when they released the iPhone 4....2010 and look at how advanced and magically the iPhone 4 was for it's time.
    Greed is destroying Apple's innovation/loyalty.

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't the decision on a lawsuit wait for actual proof?

And have you returned your iPhone 6s(+) yet? That's the way you send a signal to a company.

C

3. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

1) was the HUGE chip thread not good enough, had to start a new thread about nothing?
    2) STOP THE -GATE BS!

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Where's the poll?

#NoPollWhenWeNeededOneGate

5. deadsoul macrumors regular

Watching this thread and all the issues with the new model make me feel sick. I wont upgrade from 8.4.1 and will keep my 5s for another year...

6. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Tips to bait people into responding to your junk post (alternatively titled how Apple manages to remain on top while you complain about them)

1. Mention Steve Jobs and how he would or wouldn't
    2. Mention innovation and Apple within the same sentence
    3. Post a negative subject title phrased as a question (Am I the only one that...?)
    4. Compare it to Samsung, mention Samsung, think about Samsung, anything Samsung related
    5. Remember the past through rose colored glasses (like the iPhone 4 didn't have huge problems).
    6. Whine about the product while continuing to use it
    7. Have full intent to purchase next year's version
    8. Repeat

7. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

I succumbed to the whole tsmc- Samsung thing and checked my phone.

While it's true I have a Samsung chip, I've had my 6S since launch and the battery life is amazing. I had it off the charger using it for almost 24 hours (didn't have a charger handy) and it barely hit 50%.

Remarkable. Happy with it over my 5S regardless of the internals.

8. redman042 macrumors 68020

This complaining and talk about settlement is such bullcrap. Seriously.

If no one told the world about the two types of CPUs, if no one ran the benchmarks, then no one would be complaining right now. I have the Samsung chip in my 6S+, and I have nothing to complain about in terms of how it has performed. It is by far the fastest smartphone I've ever used. It runs circles around the 6+ that it replaced. I shot and edited 4K video the other day at a speed that would make a high end desktop sweat. And my battery lasts just as long as the 6+ that it replaced.

Benchmarks create artificial conditions to test the hardware. It is not representative of real-world use. It may favor the configuration or drivers of one CPU over the other. iOS 9 may currently be better optimized for one over the other, and this could change with patches. Who the heck knows.

Everyone wants an excuse to call out Apple and get settlement money, and this particular excuse is really lame. The antenna-gate issue I mostly understood, but this one is reaching. My Samsung-chipped phone FLIES. And the battery life is fine. Beyond that I really don't care.

9. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

But dude, people might be able to get a 2 hour external battery pack and a $15 dollar cash settlement if they complain enough.

10. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

What a stupid ****ing thread!! Can we sue the OP for wasting internet resources? :D

11. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

YES! There should DEFINITELY be a class action suit, so that everyone can get that big $20 check they deserve for being so inconvenienced by a totally unproven theory! The nerve of Apple to think they can use 2 different chip suppliers and not start a riot!

Oh, and be sure to put that $20 in a high yield account, because you're gonna need it when next year's iPhone costs $100 more, to cover the cost of this year's class action suit.

p.s. Did you know that the entire world laughs at the US and our ridiculous knee jerk reactions and incessant get-rich-quick lazy ass lawsuits? Thanks for keeping the globe entertained with yet another brilliant idea for litigation. Keep up the good "work".

13. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

This can / should be discussed in one of the other threads discussing this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.