Should they replace my Bowling Ball

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ©Apple, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ©Apple macrumors newbie

Today I went bowling. Everything went fine until the end. On my last ball I throw it down the lane. It does not come back... When it finally did and I go to look at it. Right There I see this big deep scratch. My ball I was using was a very very very rare Hammer ball which I think this one is sold over seas. Right now I left my ball there to be fixed. Which I think they can't fix that big deep one so... Should they buy me a new ball? If you think they should what is a good one that hooks real hard. If I can't find my rare one right again I will wait until it pops back up on Ebay. And I will buy it and not drill it.

2. morgothaod macrumors regular

They should fix your ball and not buy you a new one! Under the law, they are supposed to put you back in the position that you were in prior to the accident.

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I think they are in the right trying to fix it for you, but that is the extent I think they would stop at. I don't think they should replace it, or I think they won't. Those are the risks you take I guess, I don't know a whole lot about bowling and it's hard to tell without pictures whether they are in the wrong or not. It's your word against theirs.

4. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

I measured it and it is about 1/2 inch deep. But I still don't they can take that much out with out making the ball even smaller and not being able to use it. We will see. I have a Youth league Saturday so I will be pulling out the Storm Street Rod.

5. morgothaod macrumors regular

6. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

It is right near the finger holes. Very long. With it being a hook ball who knows what it would do. It might Zigzag across the lane lol.

7. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Typically, if you scratch a ball that badly, it's ruined. Shaving it down will render it unusable for ABC sanctioned play, as all balls must conform to certain size and hardness requirements.

As far as new ball selection goes, it's hard to say definitively without knowing things like your ball speed, rotation, local house conditions, etc.

8. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

Well let me tell you somethings about me. I like to stand at the far left and throw it right of the middle about the second arrow. I don't throw it to hard just normal. The lanes are normal not to much oil and not to less.

9. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

Wow, I just found out what happened. Something that could only happen 1 in a 1,000,000,000,000 times lol. A pin went in the ball return thing and stayed on. It didn't fall off like 99.9999999% of the time it does. That is what made the ball get a place on it. How I knew that because Tom just called. He told us that also he said that Mark which is over the bowling alley looked at my ball. I may be able to throw it still but it is still got a nasty place in it. BUT GOOD NEWS!!! HE IS GOING TO BUY ME A NEW BALL!!!!! AND HE WILL PICK IT OUT. IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THE ONE I GOT. WOOHOO!!!!:apple: