Should Universal Apps have iCloud Support ?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by aduteau, Jan 4, 2012.

1. aduteau macrumors 6502a

Should Apple force an app store policy for devs who do universal apps for them to include iCloud support (the user has the choice to use it or not). I think this would really help out.

Also should Appl include the iCloud logo in the App store next to an app that supports it ? (just like the Game Center logo is displayed next to an app who supports it). I think this would also help out with a more visual effort when searching for apps.

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Force? Absolutely not.

Encourage? Yes, where applicable.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

1. Force? Seems a little too much, but their call.

2. Icon would be sweet

4. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't it be applicable pretty much everywhere ?
    I mean thats the whole point of iCloud and Apps ... to have files pushed to different devices and be in sync all the time.

5. Wordslinger29 macrumors member

I wish more games would utilize iCloud. I've been playing GTA III since release day on my iPad 2. Now that I also have an iPhone 4S, it's ridiculous that I would have to start a new game rather than transfer my progress from the iPad via iCloud. I don't know much about the inner workings of iCloud or apps, but I would think it's not that difficult to send and download the save file.

6. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly what I am thinking ! Why don't more games or apps support iCloud ?
    Infinity Blade 2 is a nice example, I finish playing on my iPad ... get out of the house and continue playing on my iPhone !

The future of iOS Apps would be a bright one IF devs would make universal apps that take advantage of iCloud, instead of doing stand alone HD, XL versions of the iPhone app.