Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I am asking because I am new here and I am already tired of reading all of the legacy iPad model owners posts like:

We don't like it ...
We need this and we asked that but ...
I could survive without ... on my iPad 1...
Etc

Who cares? I am sure I am not alone who is stunned by this release and prefer to talk about iPad2 and not what you have in your old iPad 1 :) Just post into iPad 1 forum and we will never read.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I am asking because I am new here and I am already tired of reading all of the legacy iPad model owners posts like:

We don't like it ...
Etc

Who cares? I am sure I am not alone who is stunned by this release and prefer to talk about iPad2 and not what you have in your old iPad 1 :) Just post into iPad 1 forum and we will never read.

umm, no. do you see a forum for every ipod and iphone version ever released?

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Well the iPhone forum has experienced many more product iterations and it fairs fine now, just give it time to get past the "new product" fervor.

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
Must by one of the legacy owners? You could adopt some smell from my socks if you wish :)

so you're mad someone had the money to buy an ipad 1 and now that you've finally scraped together a few bucks you think you're completely better than everyone and feel you need to be segregated from these "peasants"? i think a lot of people are upgrading (as will i) and will be two deep in owning ipads when you'll be on your first. your logic confuses me...:rolleyes:

Davichi

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
I explained reason, 90% posts on forum from unhappy iPad1 owners since Steve's release yesterday.

Just iPad 1 owners?

I saw Xoom owners. I saw people who are crying about iPad 2 doesn't do this and iPad 2 doesn't have that. Blah Blah blah.

People will never stop crying. In fact, there are already here in this thread. I see some of them here already. They are closer than you think.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
so you're mad someone had the money to buy an ipad 1 and now that you've finally scraped together a few bucks you think you're completely better than everyone and feel you need to be segregated from these "peasants"? i think a lot of people are upgrading (as will i) and will be two deep in owning ipads when you'll be on your first. your logic confuses me...:rolleyes:

wow, but self explanatory based on nick name. you would never understand our logic :)

Just iPad 1 owners?

I saw Xoom owners. I saw people who are crying about iPad 2 doesn't do this and iPad 2 doesn't have that. Blah Blah blah.

People will never stop crying. In fact, there are already here in this thread. I see some of them here already. They are closer than you think.

Right, but not as many.

Last edited by a moderator:

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
I explained reason, 90% posts on forum from unhappy iPad1 owners since Steve's release yesterday.

sorry but yes :)

i dont see 90% of the posts on this forum coming from unhappy ipad 1 owners angered by apple's announcement. in fact we all expected it for a while now and have pretty much braced ourselves for the ultra inevitable and are dealing with this not so shocking news completely fine. on a side note there's almost 100% threads on the first page talking specifically about the ipad 2.

wow, but self explanatory based on nick name. you would never understand our logic :)

i love this. it's ironic how you think i can't understand something because my nickname isn't "understandable." it's actually something called a "foreign language." maybe it's you who isn't understanding things around here. btw it means socks in japanese.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh and this: if you are completely dissatisfied with the way macrumors sets the forums up please feel free to start your own ipad 2 only forum and have fun posting only about the ipad 2 for the rest of your existence. never worry about the ipad 1 or 3 or 4 even for that matter being talked about... just the 2;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Sure OP why not i think its a great idea, the forum should be named "Backlight bleed iPad" so all u guys can whine together in choir.

steadysignal

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
Sure OP why not i think its a great idea, the forum should be named "Backlight bleed iPad" so all u guys can whine together in choir.

now, that's funny. BBi. There is much too much cheese and wine regarding that issue.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

We don't like it ...
Etc

I'd much rather see all the noobs forced into their own sub-forum. Who's with me?
;)

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK

Nope.
90% of posts seem to be from ipad 2 owners moaning about yellow screens, battery life, build quality etc. etc. etc.

Macrumors at new model introduction times is a total PITA.

As an aside though, the differences between the 2 are so minimal that it certainly does not need it`s own forum.
Perhaps you do tho...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.