Should we hold off on buying new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gCraft0r, Nov 12, 2012.

  1. gCraft0r macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    #1
    Should we hold off on buying new iMac? Just due to these giant delays and the possbility of Apple trying to pump out the stock early which could result in flaky models with some troubles?? Don't won't to rush out and buy one only to find out that it needs a recall or that they are going to re-release a small update to fix a problem a month after they put them on sale :confused:
     
  2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

    mohsy90

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    Location:
    New York
    #2
    Chances of a recall - very slim. As far as small update go to fix problems, thats normal with any device thats released. As soon as the general public gets ahold of it and millions of people begin testing the various thousands of tasks and how it functions with the hardware, problems will occur.

    This is why it comes with a 14 day return period a 1 year warranty. I dont understand why so many still hesitate. If you want it, get it.
     
  3. MacPat333 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    Location:
    Dubai
    #3
    That is exactly the reason why despite wanting a new iMac I will wait until summer next year. To get me over the next 6+ months I just ordered a 13" MBA/ i5/ 8GB RAM/ 128GB SSD.

    I will wait until all this stuff (little teething problems) and a possible software update is already done and get in next year! If the MBA will be running smooth with my needs I might even wait a bit longer, let's see!
     
  4. gCraft0r thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    #4
    6 months, a little extreme. I think after the first few tech reviews are released then we will know the jist of it. I hope they live up to our expectations!
     

Share This Page