Should we reset our expectations to just expect it on 5/8 and stop thinking about it

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by inkyoto, Apr 24, 2015.

1. inkyoto macrumors regular

inkyoto

2. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I'm beginning to think that those of us with June delivery estimates, particularly for the space grey sport model, are really going to receive it in June, even if we ordered it on the first day.

3. Thrilledge macrumors regular

Then do that. You really need to start a new thread to say this?

4. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Well how else are we to get to the 500 post threshold so we can add an avatar? Contribute worthwhile content? Sheesh.

5. kollarc macrumors member

Apparently UPS is delivering on Saturdays and there are still 747's landing in Anchorage. I'm not losing faith. Leaving for vacation on Sunday afternoon... :eek:

6. leenak macrumors 68020

Yes. I think a lot of people would've been happier if they focused on the 5/8 versus the 4/24 in the date range.

7. inkyoto thread starter macrumors regular

inkyoto

Exactly

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Probably yes . . . I know I did :rolleyes:

----------

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct.
    I've learned to just wait and not expect

9. orev macrumors regular

Everyone has gotten used to the idea that companies overestimate their delivery windows so customers will be "pleasantly surprised" when it shows up early, so now they get annoyed if it doesn't show up early.

10. Jrdn13crvr macrumors regular

My 38 mm space gray just shipped! 3:01 order, philadelphia pa, recieved EOD

11. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Definitely. We set high expectations for Apple though.

Launch day has come and gone, if nothing happens over the weekend, I'll assume May 8th and be done with it.

12. inkyoto thread starter macrumors regular

inkyoto

So true

13. srazz macrumors regular

srazz

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep

14. SayenCroWolf, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

SayenCroWolf macrumors member

I'm gonna focus on the date range, not necessarily the 8th and I'll tell you why. I decided to email Tim Cook. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? My email hits the trash can, and I got to let off some steam. So, I did:

Subject: Order # W443xxxxxxx
    Date: April 23, 2015 at 11:44:27 AM PDT
    To: tcook@apple.com

Greetings Mr. Cook:

I'm sure you'll kick this back downstairs to someone; I expect that. Steve apparently got a kick out of responding to consumers, and if that's not your thing who can blame you.

I'll cut straight to the chase: the entire process for ordering and receiving the Watch is confusing as hell. Like many others, I woke up at 2.30am, so I'd be ready to go at 3.01. I followed your suggestions and had my watch in favorites so there'd be no browsing time. Grab it, check out, presto! I was done at 3.02am, and had my confirmation email two minutes later.

And that's as far as I've gotten. I've been in processing limbo ever since. The order hasn't moved, you haven't come calling to collect the money I actually took a second job to save up in order to get this. To make matters worse, my friend in the same city, ordered the exact same model 15 minutes later and he'll receive his tomorrow.

I chatted customer service, and a very nice person named Kori seemed to think that I'l get the watch tomorrow. I'm sorry, that's not tracking for me. It's 2.35pm now, and by tomorrow I'll rocket through "preparing order", you'll get paid, and you'll get it in my hands by then? I'm not seeing it. I work for UPS, so I have a decent comprehension of logistics and that just doesn't add up for me.

What do I want from you? Well, some answers. I know the watches were promised in a delivery window, but it would stand to reason that getting my order in as quickly as I did would dictate that I would be one of the first to get it, AND definitely get it before my friend who ordered his later.

So, bottom line me, Sir. When am I getting my watch? While I'm not running one of the most successful companies in the world, I am a busy guy and making myself available at a moment's notice to intercept this package isn't going to happen. In the last year, I've converted my entire house to Apple products and probably will continue to do so until I'm old and grey. Just the same, the confusion and inability to get questions answered on these deliveries is frustrating the hell out of me.

I'm sure you've gotten scores of emails from customers around this, so I'll stop taking up your time. Drop me a line, say hi. Kick this to a staffer and have them say hi. Hell, my phone number is at the bottom of the email, give me a call. The sound on my spiffy 6+ is great and I like using it.

However this ends up, just come with some answers, ok?

Thanks,

Daniel xxxxxx
    sayen.crowolf@xxxxx.xxx
    216-xxx-xxxx

Ps. Sorry for the duplicate emails. my finger was too close to the trigger before I added my telephone number.

I got an email and a telephone call from a staffer in less than 24 hours:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Tim Cook at Apple. Your correspondence concerns an issue that we believe would be better handled in a phone conversation.

I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience. Please contact me at (512) xxx-xxxx or 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 42xxxx Monday through Friday 9a to 6p Central Time. You may also send me an email including your telephone number and a preferred time of contact.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

xxxxxxx Evans
    Apple Online Store Executive Relations
    512-xxx-xxxx

This guy had me on the phone talking for 25 minutes. He wasn't in a hurry to get rid of me and took ALL of my questions. The synopsis of the call?

**You ordered one of the most popular models, that's the holdup. As fast as we get them in, they're going right back out.

**Changing to a different model would be a bad idea. You've waited this long, is another two weeks really going to kill you?

**There's no way in the world he can give me a hard date on when I'll be next in line, and wouldn't hazard a guess. He did assure me that my delivery window is solid.

**He had no answer on why my friend who ordered later got his watch - the same model - before me. Couldn't speculate, wasn't going to try.

**UPS is handling the bulk of the deliveries, but FedEx is getting some overflow depending the outgoings on that particular day and the ability for UPS to handle that traffic. NO promises on my absolutely getting UPS.

So, there you have it. I'd have loved the watch today, but my order hasn't moved. I jumped into this knowing I had a delivery window and I've had the last two weeks to back out, and the possibility of two more to do so.

The wait won't kill me, and working for the hub that delivers to my house, I can hold my own package at the customer service counter and pick it up on the way out of the door when I'm done with work.

15. madsci954 macrumors 68030

16. RichiMac macrumors regular

You didn't have to come here.

I advocate people starting any threads they like and calling Apple Care as often as they want to. It's mostly venting at this point, anyway. :confused::apple:

17. Motocrossed macrumors newbie

Actually it's a window, 5/8-5/27. Expect it 5/27. Enjoy your weekend.