Should we wait for Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clipper100, May 14, 2011.

  1. clipper100 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 14, 2011
    Location:
    Brooksville, FL
    #1
    Ready to come of the 'dark side'...

    Eying the new 27" Imac...

    However, shouldn't I wait the 4 mos or so ... for Lion?
     
  2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    #2
    If you need it now, get it. The only difference by waiting a few months is that you'll get Lion preinstalled. Price of Lion is unknown at the moment, but it's not going to be as cheap as Snow Leopard (current OS, $29) or as expensive as other previous Mac OS builds (Panther, Tiger, Leopard which were no more than $129.)
     
  3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

    Dave Felix

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2011
    Location:
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    #3
    They said Lion will be released Summer 2011, so hopefully a month from now considering its already May. But Summer to them could also mean July or August :( If you need it, yes get it. But I purchased my MBP in February which was dual core with hyperthreading and by April they created all new MBP's that are quad core from sizes 15' and up. Sometimes it pays to wait.
     

Share This Page