Should we wait to JB when it's released?

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Aren't there rumors that Apple has made some system to detect what phones are Jb'd? Or At&t or someone made something like this, right? Because it would suck to JB it on the first day and then have the consequences :(

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There have been such rumors since the first days of jailbreaking back in July of 2007. But regardless I usually wait a week or two.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Aren't there rumors that Apple has made some system to detect what phones are Jb'd? Or At&t or someone made something like this, right? Because it would suck to JB it on the first day and then have the consequences :(
They want to sell phones and software. There are no consequences, other than warranty maybe.

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
What would waiting do for you? Once the Dev-Team releases the JB it's good to go.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Yes you should wait, however I am not going too.. Btw next time your in a Apple store try to note how many Apple employees have Jailbroken iPhones. ;)

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I'm going to wait until people report back that there are no (or very few) problems when performing the JB process. This should hopefully only take a few minutes, because that's about how long I'm going to be able to stand waiting.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
That was fairytale, musclenerd confirmed it. Not to mention the fact that they have been running JBen since shortly after release and they don't seem to be suffering any 'consequences'.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Im not waiting, I trust the Dev team so I doubt there will be any problems with the jailbreak

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
Yes you should wait, however I am not going too.. Btw next time your in a Apple store try to note how many Apple employees have Jailbroken iPhones. ;)
I just post this in a previous thread:

I visited an ATT store once and nearly everyone there had a jailbroken iPhone. I've visited Apple stores before, and encountered employees with jailbroken iPhones.

Just because it's jailbroken, doesn't automatically mean they won't help.

In fact, it's an opportunity for them to prove how smart they really are.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I'll be waiting

waiting during the short time it takes to download and then jailbreak. :)
This is my plan of action. Besides, I have all my stuff synced/backed up and all my hashes (4.0 & 4.0.1)

I will enjoy seeing Cydia on this new phone and I can change my signature to something with a smile behind it.