Should/will they ever make iPads in other colors?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

The iPod Nanos and Shuffles came in many colors, but the iTouch, iPhone and iPads have only came in two sets of colors. Will this ever change?

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Who knows!

3. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think white and black as the only options is the best way to go.

/opinion

4. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

5. scriptlol macrumors member

Not in the current 'design phase' they are in. It just wouldn't fit on something like the ipad. The white ipad with a colorful smart cover does the trick, I think, for people who want some color.

Colors make sense on the small, pocketable, 'fun' products. On the more serious stuff, I don't think they will do it as long as they are doing the glass, aluminum, black and white thing. I am sure their design vision will shift again in the future, as it always has in the past, and perhaps they will incorporate some more color options at that time.

6. DS3 macrumors 6502a

If they ever delay or even skip an upgrade cycle I bet they release colors in the meantime for some extra publicity/sales.

I think any real bright/saturated colors would look awful on the iPad, but something very subtle might be nice. In any case, I'm perfectly fine with only black.

7. ihatephish macrumors regular

What other color would you want an iPad to be, honestly?

Green? Blue? Yellow?

8. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

They would be more apt to reduce the size of the bezel and make it aluminum like the rest of the chassis.

9. scrap104 macrumors regular

scrap104

10. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Honestly, it would be a hit for the younger audience.

11. gopnick macrumors regular

Colors will make a comeback one of these days... but the form factor of the product has to be exact for Ives to come around. He's obviously on a metal and black & white kick right now. Given the current product lineup, this makes sense.

I do find myself missing my old Indigo iBook that I had back in college, though. :eek:

12. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

think different colors wouldn't sell as good.

or even look as good being that big.