should you feel sorry for her????

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Keebler, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I don't feel sorry for her at all. A friend of mine was driving down the road a number of years ago when some scumbags tossed a brick off of a bridge. The brick went through the windshield and killed my friend's wife. The person(s) were never caught.

People who throw stuff off of bridges at cars are slime.

4. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

wow. sorry to hear that moof. i hope i didn't touch off any bad memories.
    i'm not in the Sault right now, but if i was, i would print off every story i could of ppl throwing stuff off bridges and make that girl read and memorize each one.

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Hell no I don't feel sorry for her! I don't throw rocks at cars and I surely don't want them thrown at mine!!

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yep!

Sorry to hear.

Yes they are.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You are supposed to take the rocks out of your head before you throw them at cars.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

qft

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I really can't muster up any sympathy for her – her accident was entirely of her own making, and her actions could easily have resulted in others being injured too, if not worse.

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I would love to see her have rocks thrown off a bridge at her as she scoots under in her wheelchair.

12. naftalim macrumors 6502

I bet they sue the city for not putting up a sign saying

"Don't throw rocks off this bridge and don't run and jump off the bridge if the policeman you threw rocks at was chasing you"

13. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Notwithstanding the above and I'm really sorry if I upset some of the posters above, but I really can't take any satisfaction from a 15 year old girl being seriously injured, nearly paralysed or killed, despite it being of her own making.

I don't go in for the eye-for-an-eye method, but it shouldn't have got that far. If a young girl feels the need to throw rocks at cars then there is something wrong with the society in which she was raised. And I don't go in for the liberal crap of giving her a hug, no give her a damn good hiding but the fact she felt the need to jump of a bridge than face the police strike me as something not being quite right at home.

Feel free to lambaste me, I'm going to bed now so won't respond until the morning.

14. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

i somewhat agree with what your saying. but, i think she was trying to get away from the car that stopped and didn't realize how far down it was so it's almost like she was trying to get away.

it's a fine line between being too liberal and lightly slapping the hand of the youth offenders out there. frankly, here in Canada, kids seem to get away with alot and we have this stupid law where we can't release the names of young offenders. i bet if they did allow the names to be released, families would be so shamed that they would keep a better eye on their kids. of course, i say that tongue in cheek b/c i know not all families have the ability to be at home with their kids, but it's something to think about.

i know one thing: i would be a large sum of money that she will never do that again....

15. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

It's gone too far over here too. Last week there was a story in the news about a mother jailed because her daughter kept skipping school due to genuine reasons such as 'don't like Mondays' and 'not happy with hair.'

National Service for the lot of the young scallywags!

Right, definitely off to bed this time.

16. Mac One macrumors member

No sympathy what-so-ever.
    There was a big problem with this in Auckland NZ last year which meant netting had to be put over most of the overpasses. Kids were throwing large rocks, ie slabs of concrete off the bridge. Anyone who maliciously does stuff like this deserves what happens to them.

17. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

totally agree with this post.

18. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

What ever happened to just spitting over the sides of bridges?

Throwing rocks is just plain idiotic.

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What they were doing could have killed and caused many accidents on the highway. Again....they could have killed. Then she hurts herself falling from the bridge. Good. Her fall will injure and KILL much fewer people, and if someone is going to get hurt by her actions, I'm more than glad it's her rather than Moof1904's friend's wife, or any innocent person.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Exactly.

I don't agree with an eye for an eye, but when someone is going out there to deliberately injure and kill other, innocent, people then they deserve whatever comes to them.

An idiot dying is much better than said idiot killing any number of innocent people.

21. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

"Mischief endangering life"?

You mean 'attempted murder'?

One word... SPY!!!

22. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

I agree with you Fuzzy14. I think she should be punished for her crimes, but to take enjoyment in her suffering is wrong in my opinion.

23. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

No sympathy that she severely hurt herself after attempting to severely hurt others for no reason.

Years ago I worked w/a woman who was the victim of some teenager tossing part of a cinder block off a bridge. The piece of cinder block came thru her windshield, crushed the left side of her rib cage, left shoulder, and nearly killed her. After numerous operations to repair the damage she never looked or moved normally again and lost all use of her left arm.

I don't think they ever caught the kid who did it, but if he'd fallen off the bridge and become a paraplegic I wouldn't have shed a tear.

Lethal

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless