Shouldn my Mac have iLife 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Oct 18, 2011.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

I bought a Mac in january 2011. It came with iMovie 10. I bought another Mac in July, it came with iMovie 11.

Now, naturally, its obvious to realize that my first Mac this year was assembled before the released of iMovie 11, but I do believe by the time I got one, it was already available. Shouldnt I get a free update or something?

2. WinkyMacRumors macrumors newbie

Copy, paste, and install iMovie '11 on your 'old' Mac

Hi,

Did you get an disc with your new Mac? If so, why don't you just un-install iMovie '10 and install '11?

If you did not get a disc, have you tried just copy over the application onto an USB memory and install it on you 'old' Mac?

// Winky

3. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Yes, I happen to have discs for both Macs, including the new one with imovie 11. How do I do this uninstall/install process? Mac Os doesnt have a control panel like Windows.

And yes, mostly I delete applications simply moving them from the applications folder to the trash, but I always read that this leaves unwanted trails behind, and a proper uninstall should be performed instead.

I remember for example once when I "uninstalled" a backup software in order to try Time machine. When I decided to go back to the backup software, installing it was a pain in the A****s, cause it acused the software of being installed already...altough it wasnt...just the trails...