Shouldn't icons on home screen build up from bottom?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Alon1, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Alon1 macrumors member

I got tired of double tapping my home button so as I was moving all of my most used apps to the bottom of the screen for easier access, this occurred to me:

Wouldn't it be nice to have the option of letting the icons be arranged from the bottom of the screen? I know it's not as aesthetically pleasing but I think as fare as usage, It'd make much more sense with the new, bigger screens.

Attached Files:

2. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I had to reorganize my home screen with a bottom-up hierarchy. I've always kept my calendar and reminder apps at the top..but between reaching or reachability, i needed to rethink my system making them easier to get to with one hand. So now they're on the bottom row, above the dock.

I've spent far too long thinking about homescreen layouts than most people would consider healthy. :)

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

funny, moving from the iPhone 4 to the 6, I had to adjust my apps.

I decided to leave the bottom row (above dock) empty as I think it looks more pleasing.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

For the past few years I've arranged my icons to completely fill one screen. My most used items in the dock, the next in the row above it, and so on. The only exception is the camera app, which sits in the top right corner because, well, thats where the camera is. :eek:

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe the aesthetics are an important part of it all which is what's playing at least a decently sized role in how it's set up.

6. flur macrumors 68000

Android has had the ability to place items just above the dock for years. I see no reason that Apple can't make that an option, especially in light of the new, larger phones.

7. Alon1 thread starter macrumors member

I agree. I never knew about this option or saw the need for it before, but the big screens do call for it.

8. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I personally love the auto arrange how it is now. I wouldn't want a free for all home screen.