shouldn't iLife 08 come with leopard?

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
I does, just order both at the same time and FexEx will drop off iLife with Leopard.

Really though, why should Apple include an AWESOME software suite for free? Its already pretty affordable.

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
OS X should come with iLife

Windows should come with Office

Women should come with a vagina they don't mind using.

We all have dreams.

Comment

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I picked up Leopard just the other day and I still wasn't sure if it came with iLife '08. I realized that Apple never made a mention of iLife in any of the Leopard ads or web sites.

Not sure how much sense this makes but I was hoping that iLife was not included because I just dropped $80 for it when the update came out in Sept.

Comment

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2007
OS X should come with iLife

Windows should come with Office

Women should come with a vagina they don't mind using.

We all have dreams.
Agreed, 100%! :cool:

But to the OP, at least when you buy a new mac, it comes with iLife, which is good enough for me.

Comment

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Ah because Leopard is an operating system it means you can run a *cough* bittorrent application on it. Soo :p Figure it out.

Comment

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I never understand why everytime a OS update comes out people think the OS comes with iLife.

Why would they sell iLife then?

Does iLife come with an OS? I just don't get the thinking.

Comment

cmaier

macrumors P6
Jul 25, 2007
California
I never understand why everytime a OS update comes out people think the OS comes with iLife.

Why would they sell iLife then?

Does iLife come with an OS? I just don't get the thinking.
Well, macs come with ilife, and they come with mac os, and it's not necessarily obvious ilife ain't part of the package. Remember that ilife is often cited as a major advantage of the "mac package" over windows.

note: i am not saying ilife should come with the OS. Just saying I understand the confusion.

Comment

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
You can get it tossed in free if you burn some cash on a new computer...

Though the stripper would likely take that much cash from you and leave you in the dust.

Comment

benunc

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2008
wait.

comparing iLife and office is not fair. Office compares to iWork. New OSX should not come with iWork, but should come with iLife. It's like Windows movie maker or some other crappy MS add-on, the only difference is that iLife actually works, and is desirable.

Just my opinion. I think its comparing apples and oranges to compare iLife to O(ri)fice.

Comment

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
comparing iLife and office is not fair. Office compares to iWork. New OSX should not come with iWork, but should come with iLife. It's like Windows movie maker or some other crappy MS add-on, the only difference is that iLife actually works, and is desirable.

Just my opinion. I think its comparing apples and oranges to compare iLife to O(ri)fice.
Yes, but you already have iLife when you upgrade. Just not the latest and greatest version. I'll take any iLife 04-06 apps over what's bundled in Vista any day.

Comment

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
You keep hoping for these ...

Sorry, genetic engineering isn't that far along yet.

Comment

benunc

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2008
Remind me again why this old thread needed to be resurrected?

Oh yeah....newbie.
Yeah, a newbie that is considering upgrading to Leopard, so I googled "does leopard come with iLife 08" and it brought me here.

So sorry to inconvenience such amazingly talented and experienced posters with my noob questions.

Comment

benunc

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2008
So why should we get it for free again?
I am not necessarily arguing that we get it for free, but that iLife and Office are not comparable, thus making the argument "That means windows should come with office" ridiculous. Windoze doesn't have anything that compares to iLife. The closest I could come was moviemaker.

But I do still feel like a new OS should come with the latest versions of software that was already on my mac when I bought it. I'm not asking for Final Cut or Aperture... just the ones that were on there when I got it, updated. Just my opinion.

Comment

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I think they should be bundled, but the Apple would have to update iLife every time they updated OS X. iLife 09 would have to come out as a part of Snow Leopard.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.