Shouldn't the iPad mini event invites from Apple have gone out today? (Oct 10th)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by waa1futs, Oct 10, 2012.

1. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Didn't all the rumor sites say the event was going to be on Oct 17th and the invites sent out Oct 10th?

2. adamdr3420 macrumors newbie

adamdr3420

I think the key word here is "rumor". I guess the insiders can't be spot on every time. i'm not an expert or anything but i feel that it will be released in time for the holiday season without a doubt.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You're about as much an expert as everyone else. Most everyone is doing a combination of analyzing past history and educated guesses.
    OP, if someone like Walt Mossberg talked about an upcoming ipad mini event, that'd be one thing. Otherwise, it's pure speculation on their parts.

4. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Could be they saw the invitation and launch event dates leaked and decided to change them just to confuse the rumour mill in order to render the whole rumour industry a bit less accurate.

5. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

That rumour turned out to be BS. For all we know, the iPad Mini rumour was started by Apple for the purpose of exposing leaks along their supply chain, just like they did five or so years ago with the Garageband Breakout Box/Audio Interface.

6. gladoscc macrumors 6502

It's going out tomorrow due to a problem with Apple's mail server.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Yesterday Tim said, "Siri, send the invite out."

And Siri pondered Tim's request and replied, "Uh oh, there's a problem. Can you try again?"

...and here we are.

8. urkel macrumors 68030

Theres always the possibility Apple changed its mind last minute. With the iPhone being in such high demand, new quality control issues slowing production, the negativity towards maps and the whole "scuffgate" stuff then maybe releasing a black aluminum iPad Mini would just give them more problems than they need right now so they'll just coincide the release for March along with the iPad 4

Personally, Im dying to know if the Mini or iPad 3 MarkII are for real or not because I've outgrown my 16GB iPad 2 and already have a buyer lined up so I can get ANYTHING in 32GB.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So the answer to your question is no, they should not have but they could have.

10. Cobster macrumors member

11. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

No, they should not have gone out.

There is no iPad mini. It's just a rumor.

12. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Fortune, the source for passing on the rumor that everyone else picked up, stated that it was a mistake and apologized.

13. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately the Fedex driver tasked with delivering all the invites was using Apple Maps.

14. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

No Siri said "The time in Buenos Aires is 15:36".

15. Stetrain macrumors 68040

There wasn't really a strong consensus about the October 17th date from multiple sources like there was for the Sept 12th date for the iPhone event.

16. stuaz macrumors 6502

So the question is - what is the next date we should look for! :D

(And please don't say March :()

17. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Invites on the 16th, presentation on the 23rd, confirmed by the Yep man himself.

18. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

It's hilarious how wrong you are.

19. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Do you have an iPad mini? Has Apple announced it? The FACT of the matter is, at this point the iPad mini is a rumor. Now you can scream and shout all day how wrong you think I am, but facts are facts.

children.

20. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Ha. That's funnier than my version. Reminds me of the old Apple Newton jokes. :)

21. guineapig macrumors regular

You're right.
    You're always gonna be right.
    There is no other way.
    Even after the mini is announced and released and sold I bet you will say that at this specific moment the iPad mini was only a rumor, so you were always right.
    What people like you are looking for is always being right, even if they know to be wrong and even if they are aware of the fun they make of themselves.

And you call others children.

22. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Fact: Dalrymple "yep"-ed it. It's coming oct 23. Invites Oct 16. Dalrymple rubs shoulders with Schiller. His track record is literally 100%.

23. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

So, it's a rumor you believe. It's still a rumor. Have a nice day.

----------

Yawn. I'm so sorry. I deal in facts. I am quite frequently wrong, when I give an opinion. If I was saying "i don't think Apple will ever release an iPad of any other size" - I would most likely be wrong. When I say that today, the iPad mini is a rumor- that my friend is the gospel truth. Look up fact, then look up opinion. Good luck.

hint: you have NO idea what "people like me" think. One of the reasons you are so often wrong is you make assumptions about things and people you know nothing about.

24. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

A "yep" from Jim Dalrymple is not a rumor. I am having a nice day, thanks.

25. guineapig macrumors regular

Dang! You were supposed to wait after the iPad mini was out to say that!
    You make it way too easy, pal.
    ;)

Oh, btw, when was I wrong?