Shouldn't they release plan details already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by McGarvels, Apr 22, 2007.

1. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Hey y'all.

Don't you think Apple should release plan details about the iPhone? I was just wondering why they haven't yet. I mean I realize Apple likes to be secretive and all, but I mean, it's coming out in about 2 months, don't you think they could throw us a bone? Do you think it might be due to the fact that they are still debating with Cingular (new ATT) about price and features, etc. You think they would have ironed out all the details by this last macworld. Sorry for the long post, just trying to get through the drought of news from Apple.

Cheers

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

They will release plans once the final ship date is announced. There's no reason to earlier.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i dont htink tehy will release plans until they know the exact date it will be for sale.....and even then i htink they d probably not want people to know what the plans are that way if you really wnat the iphone and really want to have it at a (maybe) a reduced cost you will get ti no matter what plan it is....so not letting us think about it before going into the store to get it it s a good marketing scam...haha imo at least

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

First, Apple won't release the plan details. AT&T will. Apple will not be involved in the plans as they are not the ones offering service. Apple just makes the phones, AT&T sells the service.

Second, AT&T's CEO said about a month ago that they will be revising all plans once they complete the transition from Cingular to AT&T Wireless in June. Details will be released once the transition is finished.