Shovebox... any way to sync?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JWFerne, Oct 14, 2009.

1. JWFerne macrumors regular

I just downloaded Shovebox and i'm really liking the interface and how easy it is to use. Does anyone know a way I can store the data on dropbox and sync the data between machines?

Evernote is a nice program and I'm sure people will recommend it, but I don't like the way it stores websites. It looses all formatting and looks like a RSS feed vs. nice html page in Shovebox.

I also wish Shovebox had a nice thumbnail view too. Hopefully these two features will be implemented in the near future!!!

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Not having a mac in front of me or knowing anything about Shovebox - my suggestion would be to figure out where Shovebox stores data and then see if that location is configurable. If it is, just point it at your Dropbox folder. If not, you can use symlinks to point at data in your dropbox.

3. JWFerne thread starter macrumors regular

is a symlink a technical term for the same thing as an alias? If so, do I just create an alias? I don't really do much in the terminal.

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

For your purposes, they can be considered the same. So go ahead and try it. I'll give it a shot tonight.