Show A Picture Or A Movie On A Second Display...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tsap, Oct 3, 2007.

1. tsap macrumors newbie

I just bought a Samsung (32") LCD and I want to know if there is an application or software that can show a single photo or slideshow on the secondary display (don't have the "mirror" option on); without being interrupted from work I might be doing on the primary display (mac).

I can play a movie through quick time on the samsung but if I try to chat on the primary display, the movie immediately comes off the "full screen" mode and slides back to the primary display.

Help please!!!

2. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I know that Mplayer can force video to play on the second screen and i think that removing focus from it wont exit the fullscreen.

3. tsap thread starter macrumors newbie

mplayer gave me bad video and audio...didn't like it. any other players??

and what about the photos??

thanks for the help though!

4. Chromako macrumors member

How about VLC? The movie will show on whichever screen the control box is on. For DVDs you can drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the VLC icon. Any good?

5. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

VLC works, just put the controller on the monitor you want to use and select full screen (play button with the black around it). Quicktime pro will also work, set the preferences to the monitor you want, open your video, and click command+F.

6. tsap thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much. it works fine with vlc.

i still haven't gotten an answer about the photos...anybody knows??

7. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

You should be able to set the preferences for the background of the secondary monitor separately; I believe there is a panel to create a slideshow within that. Mess with the monitors system preference panel a bit. I don't know offhand, though; my monitors are for art, so I have both set to a warm grey...