Show All Application Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by msw123307, Sep 27, 2013.

1. msw123307 macrumors 6502

Previously, if I just clicked and held on the application icon in the dock, all the windows for that app would pop up. Now, if I click and hold I just get a list of options (it's like I right clicked). I can click "show all application windows" from here, however, that's another step.

Did apple get rid of the click and hold method in an update or something? Seems anti-user friendly.

Also, I'm aware I can also set this up in a hotkey via mission control. Mouse method is preferred though.

With those mission control hotkeys, how do you guys use them? For example, I can set control or shift to show all app windows, but then I lose the functionality of the shift key to do what it needs to do, right? And the same with all the F1-12 Keys..they are already preprogrammed to do something to the brightness, windows, or itunes. How does all that work?

Thanks.

2. MeUnix macrumors 6502

There's no need to click and hold anymore, if you just tap it a window with your applications will appear.

Hope this helps.

3. msw123307, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

msw123307 thread starter macrumors 6502

If I tap it the windows are pushed to the front in whatever part of the screen they were last, but i'm looking for the thumbnail view of each one so I can see the entire contents of each window in a small format.

4. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Like using three fingers and sliding them in an upward motion on the trackpad?

Sorry, I am confused but after looking at the attached link you provided I think this may be what you're talking about..

- Kyle