Show and Stream Events on Apple TV from Iphoto

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by JavierDiaz4, Jan 2, 2009.

1. JavierDiaz4 macrumors member

Hello there, ok, so I'm probably one of many, who has an Apple TV and seldomly use it. So here is the issue I have with it and hopefully some of you geniuses can shed some light.

I have over 7000 pictures all organized in Events in my IPhoto library. How can I stream these photos in their respective Events to the Apple TV. At the moment all I get is an option to stream Albums and All Photos or Photos from a range of months.

I noticed that if I attempt to sync, it will allow me to radio select All Events, but that could mean hours and hours of syncing for over 7K pictures.

Is Syncing my only real option. I really would like to have Events in my Apple TV so that I may select the events I actually want to view, instead of going through 7000 pictures to see that ones I want. Seems useless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

First of all, it won't take forever. iTunes actually converts your pictures to conserve disk space before syncing them to the Apple TV.

What you see on the Apple TV is not full resolution — the converted file is likely around 72 dpi, 1280 x 914.

Second, you can't stream photos if your computer is setup to sync to the Apple TV.

For more information read this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1273