Show battery % and time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kenno69, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kenno69 macrumors newbie

I am new to mac, and was just wondering if it is possible to show both the percentage and time remaining at the top where it shows the battery, i know its possible to show one or the other, and able to click and it shows the other one, but would prefer to have them both showing, thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You'd have to get something like iStat Menus; you can't do it with OS X alone.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

To check battery status, your options are to use iStat Pro or coconutBattery or iStat Menus or
     > About This Mac > More Info... > Hardware > Power > Charge Information. I know of no method that enables you to see both percentage and time remaining on the Menu Bar, simultaneously. What is the purpose for doing so, when a simple click of the mouse will switch between them? After all, they're only estimates and change constantly.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

4. kenno69 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just installed that iStat pro thanks for that, looks quite useful. I can't honestly tell you why i would like that, it's just a preference thats all.

5. simeezee macrumors member

Back to your question, you wanted to show both time remaining and battery percentage left in the top menu bar. iStat pro is a dashboard widget. How did you manage to get both info displayed in the menu bar?