"Show caller ID" setting gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by sieeegel, Sep 15, 2015.

1. sieeegel macrumors newbie

i have been trying to find a way to block my number on other devices when I call. Under ios8 and younger it was under settings/phone/show caller ID. Can't seem to find that setting to switch on and off on ios9 beta. Any idea where it is? I need this for work as I don't want clients to see my number. Thanks

2. skyhawkmatthew macrumors member

skyhawkmatthew

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Still there for me too.

Side note it's controlled by carrier updates. Maybe they have removed it but I doubt that. A reset of your network settings should bring it back if it's a glitch.

4. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

I have never seen that feature. And I still don't see it. I guess Verizon doesn't offer that.

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

carrier dependent. use *67? that blocks caller id in canada, for a small charge i think or maybe its free now. dont know if thats a canada thing or worldwide

6. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

I don't know the details of your situation at all, but you might want to look at alternative ways of hiding your phone number. I know when I had my own business, I used to use a Google Voice number for business calls. The problem with blocked numbers is that people don't like receiving calls from them and often won't answer. I never answer a blocked number, nor does my girlfriend, parents, or most other people I know. Usually it's scammers or spammers or something else unpleasant. It also prevents your clients from creating a contact entry for you.

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I'm on Rogers in Canada and I have the option to block my caller ID. This is on 9.1 beta 1 though, but I'm pretty sure the option has always been there for me.

Attached Files:

8. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

it has for me as well, also on rogers

9. SoYoung macrumors 6502

This option was always and its still there for me as well and I'm with Telus in Canada.