"Show Displays in Menu Bar" option missing in retina MBP?

Pipper99

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I can't find his option on my new retina MBP either before or after applying software updates: it's still there in Displays prefs on my iMac after all software updates. I can't find any info on whether Apple took out this option, hid it or moved it. Has anyone heard anything about this? If you have a retina MBP, do you have this option?

Lopes

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
I just picked up a Retina MBP today (LOVE IT!), and also cannot find this option anymore under system prefs...the display unit at the apple store had it?!? :confused:

MacRumoren

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
Display preferences was there when first installed, but after I installed a few apps it went away.

There must be something that disabled it, the most likely suspect is SwitchResX but I can't be sure. Anyone?

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
It's gone. Mine was there originally, but I migrated from another Mac, but it was just the icon and the ability to go into display preferences. I could not set resolutions directly using the menu that pop up when you click on the icon.

Now it's gone completely and I am not sure when it disappeared.

MacRumoren

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
It's gone. Mine was there originally, but I migrated from another Mac, but it was just the icon and the ability to go into display preferences. I could not set resolutions directly using the menu that pop up when you click on the icon.

Now it's gone completely and I am not sure when it disappeared.
This issue seems to affect retina MBP only? I have another regular MBP that was upgraded from Lion, the display preferences icon is retained.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
This issue seems to affect retina MBP only? I have another regular MBP that was upgraded from Lion, the display preferences icon is retained.
I think the 2012 MBA does the same thing. All of my other Macs don't do it. If it annoys you, then you won't be happy with ML.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.