show full screen video from Isight on projcetor in realtime

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by linnea, Jun 14, 2010.

1. linnea macrumors newbie

Hi all!

My first post, desperate and foreign and very thankful in advance for any help or advice!

(if I'm off topic or in the wrong forum - sorry!)

My problem is: I'm looking for some kind of software to use with my macbook pro and a projector, in a theatre project I'm doing.

I need to:

1. show youtube-videos (from the mac to the projector)

and

2. use the built in isight camera as a "web cam" (but offline) so that what the isight sees is shown by the projector.
    (I've been trying using photo booth, but that doesn't work with full screen mode)

I think Google is slowly teaching me that what I need to show youtube videos is screen capture software in realtime?

I would be very grateful for specific suggestions of software, as there seems to be an endless amount of weird programs out there.

Thanks very, Very much!

/Linnea

2. chiguimania macrumors member

chiguimania

Hi,

If you have the correct cable, you can connect your computer to the Projector and show your screen automatically. From there you can go to Safari and search for the Youtube videos you want projected, and then play them in full screen.

As for showing your iSight on the projector, I've been looking for the same without results.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Use QuickTime X if you have Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6, released August 2009) and make the window screen full screen and put the signal onto the projector via a mini Display Port to VGA or DVI adapter, the same you use to show YouTube videos full screen via Safari.

Save YouTube Videos

4. linnea thread starter macrumors newbie

chiguimania: Thank you so much, so easy! Thanks!

spinnerlys: Awesome, thank you! Works perfect!

Wow, you two just saved my show. Thanks so very much!!