Show Home Screen After: Phone Call, Text Message..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kolax, Jan 9, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

One of the annoying things I have with the iPhone (and I'm sure people will disagree with me) is that if I call someone, hangup, it takes me back to contacts instead of the Home Screen. Useful if you want to make another phone call, but rarely do I make consecutive phone calls, so it is just an annoyance having to press the Home Button.

Same applies for text messages - when I send a text message, I'd rather be taken to the Message Screen once its sent instead of just adding to the conversation (convenient or not, but I just read it, so why would I need to read it again?).

And instead of loading the last conversation (SMS) when I hit Home then back to SMS, I'd rather it took me to the message list. Obviously it'll do that if I press back once I've sent the message.

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone! But I'd love it if there was a work-a-round for those things.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I agree... pressing the home button is such a daunting and difficult task to accomplish that I can't believe Apple wouldn't have thought about that. Now that you mention it... I am REALLY ANGRY now! I wish my iPhone did everything for me without even asking it to. It's too bad Apple can't make it so we don't even have to touch the screen... it should read our thoughts and do whatever we're thinking.

</sarcasm> ;)

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Hello, cut and paste.

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

This isn't a huge problem for me, but there is another thing related to it that bugs me more.

When you receive a call and the other person hang-up and you unlock the phone the phone app is open instead of the homescreen this surely uses precious iPhone battery?

5. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

To the OP'er, I can see where you're coming from when it goes back to the phone book and it being annoying. I usually lock my phone after a call and then when I turn it on it's my phone book. Is it a problem? Not at all. But yeah, I wish it went to the home screen too.

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Yeah, definitely. It isn't a huge deal at all.

I mean, the iPhone is pretty well put together. Just if I were to make it perfect to me, I'd add the option to do that :p

7. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

Annoying but not quite as annoying as every iPhone Nano thread!

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Personally I like that it stays on the conversation after you send an sms. Probably just because I text a lot so that is convenient for me, and if I don't want to continue, I can just click the home button before the sms even sends. (Just fyi, you know you don't have to wait for the sms to complete sending before you go 'home' or lock the iphone right?)

Now the other two things, staying on contacts and not automatically viewing all sms conversations when opening the app. I could go either way. They can be convenient at times, but other times not. Honestly, it about evens out for me.

Now the one thing that DOES bug me (which you didn't specifically mention). If someone calls YOU, then you conversation, and the iphone automatically locks back up. The next time you turn on your iphone you will be in the phone app! I didn't even notice that it did this until someone pointed it out here (clearly I had no problem just hitting the little home key to make it go away). But now that I am aware of it, I do notice it, it is slightly annoying, and honestly doesn't really make any sense to me why it is set up that way. Now am I going to go whine and complain about it? Not really worth my time. But yes, this is the one thing I would like to see changed.

9. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Yeah i mentioned this a few post up, i wonder if this drains battery? surely the homescreen uses less power then the phone app?

10. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

You know what's annoying?

When you get a txt during a phone call ... cause you can't hang up until dismissing the txt notifier first! :mad:

God that irks me.

11. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Not to mention the phone vibrating against your head and nearly dropping it form surprise. I wish they'd programmed the proximity sensor to shut off the vibrate function as well...

12. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

yeah man.

For such a "simple" phone, when you get multiple things going on at the same time (on a call, then a txt comes, and then you miss a call which causes a voicemail, etc.) everything can start to feel pretty "panicky" and crazy

13. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Haha i've havent received a text message while on a call yet, thanks for the warning!

14. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Give feedback to apple. Some of these things bother me too. You just have to keep in mind that this is apple's second phone ever and feedback is the best way to get the iPhone better.